WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Censu+ UI causing WoW to hang

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Censu+ UI causing WoW to hang Reply with quote

I have only noticed this last the last update or two, but every 5-10 seconds or so, WoW hangs for a few seconds while running a census. The hanging occurs at exactly the same time as the "thunk" sound of the /who window. In fact, manually doing a /who gives me the same symptoms.

Any idea on what I can to to avoid this? I used to be able to run censuses while playing, but because of the constant hangs I really can't do it while playing anymore and am limited to running censuses while afk or flying.

Any chance that having too big of a local database could be causing the hangs? I currently have nearly 8.5k users on my home server, and several thousand others from other servers.
Hal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My savedviables.lua file is nearing 2 megabytes as well. I do have over 1 gig of ram on my computer, so I don't think ram is the issue, but it could very well be the size of the file.

The only reason that I have not purged the data yet is because once wowcensus.com allows Census+ UI to be uploaded, I plan on uploading all the data to wowcensus.com that I've accumlated since using Census+ for this website. Would simply making a copy of the savedvariables.lua file allow me to upload my data later to wowcensus.com, or are there other files I need to backup as well?
Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hal -

You should be safe if you were to just make a backup of your SavedVariables.lua file and then purge your local data.

I could definately see where this would cause a slow down when you have that many characters in your database.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I noticed a very distinct change in behavior after the "euro" patch Blizzard put in, I also have a large local database but it was 20k+ characters before the patch and didn't show this behavior. I have simply gone back to taking maybe 1 or 2 samples a day and staying away from prime time unless I'm about to log off anyway since it takes 15-20 minutes or so to run a census prime time on BH now during which I'm frozen half the time.

//Alanthus
Hal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purged my savedviables.lua file after backing it up and that did the trick. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: