WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Battlegroup Census

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenshao

WR Updates: 0
kenshao WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Battlegroup Census Reply with quote

Greetings,
I've been looking on the site, and didnt find one piece of information. So, this topic would be a kind of suggestion to implement on the census on battlegroups.
I dont think it would be complicated, it would just take all the data from the current realms, do the math, and put the battlegroup information all together.

Ps. I tried this information, to know, what was the alliance and horde number of players on emberstorm battlegroup to make an analysis of BG queues, but unfortunately, the census doesnt have this option, so i`ll have to go on each server census and count manually the number of players.

I hope this suggestion helps too.

Cheers
Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can probably be done. I'll add it to my list of things to try out!
DM.
Census Tester

WR Updates: 841,833
DM. WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True it is quite difficult to find out how many players there are in the battlegroup. This feature might be implemented into KillingFields mod which tracks Battleground information, not sure about queues but that might be something Rollie might implement in the future, if not already done but not yet released

Click my sig
kenshao

WR Updates: 0
kenshao WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking in a simpleway DM. , like, just getting the data already released on census, take the battlegroup realms, and just add the number of players. And adding battlegroups, just like they were realms on the realm list, and give their information on number of players, races, classes, just the exact same way the realms are listed.

The only reason I did this, was to know if the battlegroup I`m in is balanced between horde and alliance, and compare with other battlegroups to see the balance of them, and know which battlegroups are better to play on horde or alliance based on the lesser queue value.
This could be done manually with the data released on warcraftrealms , but could be a lot of work for one person only, and the results wouldnt be updated fast enough.

I dont thing another mod like killing fields is needed and the BG queue times are not the thing Im looking for, Im just comparing the faster (insta-queues), moderate queues, and long queue ones.
Cabal

WR Updates: 356,849
Cabal WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be very intresting, especially things like Weekly Faction Activity per Battlegroup, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: