WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Forum ad bots getting annoying

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alanthus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Forum ad bots getting annoying Reply with quote

These forum ad bots that found their way here and add posts at the end of random threads are getting very annoying. Since I assume they aren't actually paying for those ads is there a way to block the IP's or IP ranges they post from?
Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been adding the IPs to my ban list as they pop up, but unfortunately, it looks like they are using proxy servers and whatnot as the IPs do not very often coincide.

I could turn on required registration to post, but I do hate having to do that. I want it to be as easy as it can be for folks to post ideas, thoughts, etc.

If this continues, then I will be forced to do so.

Sorry for the annoyance =/
Alanthus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you know I don't like registering considering how long I've been posting without doing it but if this continues that's the only option really... Hmmm, maybe keep the general and bug forum free and requiring registration for the rest or something.

I really hate spammers of all sorts, in the end they will destroy the freedom of the internet more effectively than anything else Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: