WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Killing Fields - Queue Time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Innominate

WR Updates: 362
Innominate WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Killing Fields - Queue Time Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

Was wondering if you could add logging of queue times into killing fields. Would be nice to collect that kind of data in each bracket.

I know for instance that my battle group has 45min+ wait times for AV but my old battle group has less than 5 mins. Would be nice to have a reference next time I'm looking to server transfer, so I know which battle groups suck for PvP Smile
Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I actually used to track that. Then the added in Battlegroup wide battlegrounds and for the most part queue times dropped to nothing. And now, the queue times are back up again. But now Blizz is also saying that with 2.4 queue times will drop again so I may wait and see what happens with that before I reenable the queue time gathering.
Innominate

WR Updates: 362
Innominate WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think it'd be something worth tracking on an ongoing basis. It falls into the category of "interesting" information Smile

For instance, if I wanted to roll an alliance character, which battlegroup would give me the best queue times for the 20-29 bracket?

The lower brackets always tend to have longer queues than the max-level bracket, so I would think that'd be interesting information to gather Very Happy
Eyeball-Dragonmaw

WR Updates: 1,326,720
Eyeball-Dragonmaw WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think the queue times would be tough to track to get accurate results. I can play 2v2 before midnight and always have 6-8 min waits. If I play at 1am the queues are less than a min. So if I play 100 2v2 in the middle of the night its gonna make the 6 min queues look like there 3-4 min when they aren't.
Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I had envisioned is being able to see how the queue times change depending on the time of day, and day of the week.

We'll see what happens after 2.4 goes live.
Argg0

WR Updates: 66,615
Argg0 WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another info could come along... the time when you were searching, server time.

Just like the activity graph, we could know the average wait time during all day/week/hour.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: