WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
CensusPlus 4.1.8 and KillingFields 0.12 Released
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> News and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: CensusPlus 4.1.8 and KillingFields 0.12 Released Reply with quote

In an ongoing effort to provide the most stable and easy to use mods, I have new versions of both CensusPlus and WR_KillingFields.

<a href="http://www.warcraftrealms.com/censusmod/CensusPlus-20400-4.1.8.zip">http://www.warcraftrealms.com/censusmod/CensusPlus-20400-4.1.8.zip</a>

This new version of CensusPlus primarily addresses concerns of strange crash behavior when in battlegrounds and a census is in progress. Being unable to determine the source of the crash, I have enabled code in CensusPlus that will disable census taking while in a battleground.

<a href="http://www.warcraftrealms.com/mods/WR_KillingFields-20400-0.12.zip">http://www.warcraftrealms.com/mods/WR_KillingFields-20400-0.12.zip</a>

This new KillingFields release addresses some issues of incorrectly capturing battleground data. This one should be much more reliable in capturing all battleground info.

In addition, a new section has been added to the website, the WarcraftRealms.com Battlegrounds Top Ten.

<a href="http://www.warcraftrealms.com/bg_top_ten.php?date=18&lb=7">Top Ten</a>

This page will detail Top Battleground winners from data submitted to WarcraftRealms.com. Expect new contests featuring this content to come shortly, as well as expanded stats such as Battlegroup Horde vs. Alliance trends over time. Data is broken down into overall, monthly, and level brackets. Be the top in your bracket to submit data!
Eyeball-Dragonmaw

WR Updates: 1,326,720
Eyeball-Dragonmaw WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: CensusPlus 4.1.8 and KillingFields 0.12 Released Reply with quote

Quote:
This new version of CensusPlus primarily addresses concerns of strange crash behavior when in battlegrounds and a census is in progress. Being unable to determine the source of the crash, I have enabled code in CensusPlus that will disable census taking while in a battleground.

Oh so that is what has been causing me so many crashes in the BG's. I wondered why the last month or so I have been crashing alot where I used to never crash in the game.
Rollie
Site Admin

Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we've been able to figure out that something is happening that causes crashes. I don't think it is CensusPlus behavior specifically, but more probable that there is a bug somewhere in the UI code that is causing the crash.
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 11,349,784
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, something changed in 2.4 that caused the crashes, whatever it is, Censusplus unfortunately triggers it! Glad to see these new versions out, downloading now - here's hoping KillingFields now actually notices my EotS games! Smile
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interface\Addons\WR_KillingFields\WR_KillingFields.lua:31: '<eof>' expected near 'end'

So says an error window every time I log in now... hope that means more to you than it does to me! Wink
Rollie
Site Admin

Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ack... yes, my obfuscation apparently bugged out...
Rollie
Site Admin

Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, my apologies... please re-grab the WR_KillingFields download.

ALternately, you can open up your Interface\AddOns\WR_KillingFields\WR_KillingFields.lua file and delete the very last 'end' from the file. That should be all that is needed.
Eyeball-Dragonmaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still getting an error message after re-downloading:

Interface/addons/WR_Killingfields/WR_Killingfields.lua:32:'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 31) near '<eof>'
Rollie
Site Admin

Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to ask, but are you sure you got the latest and unzipped it? I just pulled from the one posted and had no problems.
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep the new one is working fine for me, no more error messages Smile

One thing though: Censusplus is taking great pleasure in telling me every 1-2 seconds that it can't run while in a BG - any way I can turn the spam off? I reinstalled the new version twice to check I'd installed the new version and wasn't still using the temporary testing one but it's still persisting Wink
Eyeball-Dragonmaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh I just figured you updated the one on the regular download page
Eyeball-Dragonmaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured it out. For some reason my unzipper wasnt overwriting the original and creating a new wrkillingfields1 , etc....fixed it now
Rollie
Site Admin

Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bal -

I'm not getting spam messages =/

I'll take a look tonight and see if I can see something that might be a localization issue causing it to spam for some.
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I'm getting the same messages I reported getting with the test version I've been running for the past few weeks - they just never stopped after I installed the new version Confused

And yes I am running the new version, it says 4.1.8 on the window ingame and I've even completely deleted the folder and reinstalled from a fresh download from this thread Smile
Eyeball-Dragonmaw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting the same silly spam in AV about You are in a battleground a census cannot be taken every 2 secs that I cant see any other chat.
xpolockx

WR Updates: 4,207,057
xpolockx WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not getting any error messages... Shocked

Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly people not getting error messages just have Census set to run far enough apart that it doesn't come on during a BG? I have it running every 10 mins which means it's guaranteed to want to start during all but the shortest games (I'm talking 5-base AB as the only exception)

Simple illustration of what I see: http://www.knockhill.plus.com/misc/spam.jpg - this fills my chat screen to the point where you can't read anything else, and have to either create a separate chat window with all BG chat etc in, or turn autocensus off.
Rollie
Site Admin

Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm goign to try to find time to look at this today, but I leave for vacation in the morning and will be gone for 8 days =x

I really am not sure why it is happening to you.

Does it happen in rapid succession? Right after you enter a BG? Happen every few seconds? Any info you can provide might help me track down the difference.
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happens when Census tries to run normally as per the autocensus timer I have set (10 minutes). If the census is already running when I enter the BG, it stops, then 10 minutes later it tries to run, can't and the spam begins. If Census isn't running when I enter the BG, the spam starts as soon as the 10 minutes from my previous census is up.

Basically it looks as though when Census finds it can't run it just keeps trying over and over and over again, until I leave the BG and it is allowed to run again. Turning autocensus off is the only way I've found to make it shut up.

It's been doing this ever since I installed the test version, not sure why it isn't happening to others! Perhaps because I don't use the default autocensus time, although it shouldn't change anything.
Rollie
Site Admin

Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, you know, that might be it. Since I'm at the default 30 minutes, mine may have never tried to run again once I enter a BG.

I'll really try to look at it tonight.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> News and Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: