WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Is the data for Shattered Hand right?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Census Talks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JeeJoo



Joined: 27 Aug 2008
Posts: 3

WR Updates: 6,455
JeeJoo WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Is the data for Shattered Hand right? Reply with quote

Exactly one month ago I was looking at several pvp realms with the goal to transfer to a better balanced server.

Shattered Hand was nearly perfect, about 10k on each side and a near 1:1 ratio of activity.

Now a month later Shattered Hand shows 10k Alliance and 2k Horde!?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Balgair
Araiceil


Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Posts: 1547
Location: UK
WR Updates: 11,349,784
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=67

See the numbers under the Activity Ratio bit on the top right corner? That's how many censuses have been run in the last month... only 5 on Horde, so it'll be missing a lot of people. Only way to fix that is to run censuses there, unfortunately there's just not enough people running this mod to get every server's information as accurate as we'd like it to be.
_________________
EU-Draenor:
-- Sagart - Tairbh - Buinne - Balgair - Naomh - Eilnich - Ruire - Dubh - Laidir --
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JeeJoo



Joined: 27 Aug 2008
Posts: 3

WR Updates: 6,455
JeeJoo WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balgair wrote:
http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=67

See the numbers under the Activity Ratio bit on the top right corner? That's how many censuses have been run in the last month... only 5 on Horde, so it'll be missing a lot of people. Only way to fix that is to run censuses there, unfortunately there's just not enough people running this mod to get every server's information as accurate as we'd like it to be.


But there was a month ago? All the sudden Horde don't report? I did census on both ally and horde sides of all the servers I was interested in and uploaded them. Shattered had equal numbers on both sides at that time last month.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jokester



Joined: 10 Mar 2008
Posts: 49
Location: Scotland
WR Updates: 1,189,940
Jokester WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there you go, the factions are balanced. There's no better way to check the data than doing it yourself. Just check horde and alliance at the same time and if they're much the same then the realm is pretty well balanced.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hybuir
Gear Dependent Squirrel
Gear Dependent Squirrel


Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Posts: 1539
Location: Austin, TX
WR Updates: 2,637,986
Hybuir WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jokester wrote:
There's no better way to check the data than doing it yourself.

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
JeeJoo



Joined: 27 Aug 2008
Posts: 3

WR Updates: 6,455
JeeJoo WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jokester wrote:
Well, there you go, the factions are balanced. There's no better way to check the data than doing it yourself. Just check horde and alliance at the same time and if they're much the same then the realm is pretty well balanced.


Yah at that time last month, the census data I did and the website pretty much agreed. Now, they do not. Especially for the Horde side.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xpolockx



Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 783
Location: Lynchburg, VA
WR Updates: 4,207,057
xpolockx WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeeJoo wrote:

Yah at that time last month, the census data I did and the website pretty much agreed. Now, they do not. Especially for the Horde side.


Well, it's quite possible that all the horde submissions were coming from one person who quit or decided to play warhammer. Unfortunately with Blizzard's decision to not allow one account to have chars on both factions on pvp servers, you'll have to rely on somebody else to update it. Confused
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jokester



Joined: 10 Mar 2008
Posts: 49
Location: Scotland
WR Updates: 1,189,940
Jokester WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can just create a trial account and use that to run Census on the other faction.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xpolockx



Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 783
Location: Lynchburg, VA
WR Updates: 4,207,057
xpolockx WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jokester wrote:
You can just create a trial account and use that to run Census on the other faction.


True, I hadn't thought of that... but don't trial accounts only last for 2 weeks? I guess you could keep chaining them if you feel like it Razz
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Census Talks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
WarcraftRealms.com  


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group