WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
saving history

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NewUser2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: saving history Reply with quote

What's an easy way for me to build an accurate local database of charaters on my server and also make daily snapshots for use here.

I am thinking a fresh daily snapshot would be like:
1. Purge
2. DateStamp
3. Take Census
4. Upload

which would wipe out my local data. What's the simple solution to have access both sets of data?
Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using the /censusdate function then you don't need to purge unless you just want to.

Purging is recommended if you do not use the /censusdate function as I have no way to tell how old an entry is when it is submitted.
NewUser2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: 2 files with the same stamp? Reply with quote

ok, so if I use the command, I can keep building my local data and give you the snapshots you need for more accurate seen last data - awsome, that took a bit to sink in.

What If I send in 2 files with the same stamp: is one rejected or last one in counts?

Like today I did stamp for 20th, did a census and sent in file. I have done more census since then, so I have different data in my file.

If I upload another file later today with the same stamp, will it get used?
Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They all get used. Here is how the process works.

When you take a census, it will save off 3 things:

char name
level
guild
Timestamp - (with date if you use /censusdate, or will say NS)

Now, when I process the entries, I look at the datestamp. If one is not available (NS is there), then I will just use the current date and update. If a date is there, then I will use the given date.

I then compare the given level with the one I have for this char in the database. If the new level is higher, then I will update the char record in the database. If the new level is lower, then I will ignore that entry.

Make sense?

So long story short, yeah, keep sending them in. They all count =)
NewUser2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: will do Reply with quote

Yup, will do thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: