WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Activity on each day of the week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gereun

WR Updates: 15,298
gereun WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Activity on each day of the week Reply with quote

Hi, I just started using this site and Census+ and I love it.

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering if it's possible to produce a graph of activity vs. day of the week to see which days are busiest. Even better would be to combine it with time of day as hourly activity may be different between weekdays, weekends.

Also I noticed that the "daily activity" graph is of hours in the day, whereas the "weekly activity" is weeks in the year - which is inconsistent.

Thanks to the developers!!
Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's something I've thought about doing previously. The biggest problem you run into is the coverage of data. I'll take a look at it again and see what I can come up with.
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 23,782,828
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

Some generic input (based on my personal experience and some WCR data, EU servers):

Mondays are practically always low, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Friday mornings sort of average, Wednesdays highly variable depending on whether it is a patch, regular maintenance or just rolling restart day.

Weekends (including Friday evenings) are busiest. Within days patterns on almost all EU servers are very similar... Activity peaks at 20 or 21, and hits rock bottom between 2 and 6.

As Rollie noted, one major problem would the coverage of data. Many realms do not even get one update per week! With current submission numbers only very few servers would have even remotely reliable data.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: