WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
How to graph activity by level bracket

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deficineiron

WR Updates: 0
deficineiron WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: How to graph activity by level bracket Reply with quote

Is there a way to set graphs to only show population/activity data for certain level brackets?

I am interested in seeing how the Free to play model has impacted the population of 10-20's, and how that in turn has impacted overall activity figures.

Also, is there a way to get longer-term graphs (e.g. going back years, not just the current graph size)?
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 23,733,848
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the only graphs that are level adjustable are the ones showing current active, seen by the addon populations. And I could be wrong, but I think that if you want historical data, you better start writing it down yourself. If you are interested in a single realm only, it will even be easy.

If you want a more generic overview, you'll need to do a bit more work... and also take into account that census usage could cause "strange" populations, like a number of characters on specific levels fluctuating from day to day depending on how much censusing has been done on specific days.

On a further note... your research may be severely hampered by the low submission levels. Just as my personal, subjective opinion, I would say that the change to Free to play until 20 model has brought in some new players, but the numbers aren't very big, at least not on those about 16 factions I regularly cover.

And the overall active counts here seem to support that theory. Level 20s only barely outstrip 60s, whose numbers are declining after Blizzard decided to fuse Vanilla and TBC.

It will be interesting to see how the figures change as time passes... but now, I really badly need some sleep, so I am signing off for now. Good night all,

wishes
The Epic Censi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: