WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
sample/data cause of weekly faction trend divergence?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Census Talks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 11,068,258
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only agree, as an altaholic with 2 accounts, both full, on my main server, I've had to spillover to another one but would rather all my alts were on the same server. Really can't justify paying for a third account though.

Yeah the English realms used to be better, but I think there were more people covering them then, you and I could fill in the gaps between us but now, there's just too many gaps. US realms seem to be suffering as well, the people who filled in gaps over there I guess have left (there's a few names who used to be in the top 10 a lot that I haven't seen in ages).

Hadn't realised your point about just running a few a day covering so much, good point - I need to apply that to myself, since I usually do loads at a time or none, should just spread it out more and I'll get more done!
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok for US patching, I think I have a stopgap solution, thanks to a PTR thread on how to get premades if you're in Europe (once again, European accounts didn't get any, workaround was to create a US free account Wink):

Quote:
HOW TO:

under > YOUR GAME ACCOUNTS

1) click Buy Digital Games LINK (don't worry no money is going to be used)
2) in the top right click Game Region and change it to North America.
3) Go back to to YOUR GAME ACCOUNTS
4) Under all your accounts you should now have add WoW starter World of Warcraft®
Americas & Oceania (US)

Combine with the following from Wowpedia regarding realmlists:

Quote:
During patch 3.0.2, the file was moved out of the main World of Warcraft folder into a subfolder (\World of Warcraft\Data\enUS\ or another language).

For US clients:

set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist enUS.patch.battle.net
set realmlistbn ""
set portal us

...and US realms access! I've just censused three that were on 1 or 0 on both sides, will see if it processes ok, but fingers crossed it'll work alright. Oh yeah to not screw up access to European realms, I copied my WoW folder and just made a separate install for the US servers, so I don't have to keep switching around. Will see how it works out but it might be some help on those rare occasions when we have our own side of the Atlantic under control Wink
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 23,525,241
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admire your fighting spirit and innovativeness. Very Happy I hope your experiment was successful. Smile

I'll stick to the EU realms though... there have already been new holes and there is more to "patch" today as well.
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked, but seeing as I'm asleep during their peak hours and my peak censusing hours are the middle of their night, I got hardly any updates out of it lol Wink I also got an account locked for suspicious activity notice and had to reset my password, so I guess I won't hop over to the US too often Sad

Useful to have the option available though, and it definitely did work, I'm not the only one who's been censusing going on the improved Most Wanted list (heh that's hugely improved actually, wasn't looking that good last night! Someone's been working hard!), but I did remove about 10 factions from there Smile
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 23,525,241
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, seems someones have managed to get almost all of US out of 0-state as well... After some more of my patching processes, we might actually have one of the best situations during the entire year, as far as minimum coverage is concerned... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Census Talks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: