WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
When will the website be upgraded to Census 6.0?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Census Talks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slaggathore

WR Updates: 4,325
Slaggathore WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: When will the website be upgraded to Census 6.0? Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I missed this or not but I upgraded to 6.0 and have taken lots of census's. I tried to downgrade but my census.lua is still from the upgraded version. If I downgrade and re-do my census will I lose all the characters I found?

And I'm sorry if this has been answered already. I didn't see it.

The sad part is I was doing a census very regularly and had Hydraxis up to a normal number. Now its out of whack again. I keep my census running the whole time I play and upload everyday almost. I just wanna make the numbers as close to real as possible. Thanks all!!
Alayea

WR Updates: 3,497
Alayea WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my knowledge there is no 6.0 for the CensusPlus addon. There was an update for patch 5.0.4 and the upload process worked fine during the last days of Cataclysm. It's just that since MoP went live that the website thinks there's an issue with the version.

Hope this is corrected very soon.
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 23,798,454
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to correct what I can... Censusplus is now at version 6.0.0 thanks to heroic efforts of Bringoutyourdead and Balgair. The problem is that Rollie, the site Admin, has not been able to update the site itself yet to be able to process 6.0.0. People who have old version are apparently able to upload partial data, which doesn't update monks, Pandaren or anything above 85.

Slaggathore, I strongly advice against downgrading. You might look at other threads here (mostly in General), some of which discuss "stockpiling". Or if you find that method too cumbersome for you, just keep adding data. The manual upload can manage a file up to just hair under 10 MB in size and if you are only censusing one realm, that should never become a problem.
bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

WR Updates: 7,110,282
bringoutyourdead WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we have are two version numbers....
the number associated with the current version of Blizzards game World of Warcraft is 50001 this is embedded in the .TOC file and is read and used by the WoW client to show that the addon is up to date as far as the game is concerned.

The number associated with Warcraftrealms.com which is embedded in the CensusPlus.lua file is 6.0.0, this is/will be used by the site here to ensure proper handling of uploaded data.

As to the question in the title... :sigh: only Rollie knows.. and he isn't telling us. And neither Balgair nor I want to bug him about it too much... as the squeeky wheel here might just get totally ignored as too much trouble. Not to say I don't drop a note or two his way.
Thortok2000

WR Updates: 1,110,971
Thortok2000 WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really falling behind.

Perhaps he should hand over responsibility to someone who will actually get updates out faster.
Fett

WR Updates: 844,597
Fett WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect if there were someone both willing and qualified, he would. There are a few of us who would be willing to help him out with this, but don't have the skills. The people who have the skills don't generally like working for free. So here we are. Be patient.
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 11,101,294
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Fett said. I'd love to help, but have no PHP knowledge, which is pretty much required for running a database of this scale. If there was anybody here who had the knowledge and time/willingness to do the job, I'm sure they'd have volunteered by now, it's been known for several years now that Rollie really needs an assistant/replacement for running the site, but nobody's come forward.
Slaggathore

WR Updates: 4,325
Slaggathore WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Well thank you all of you guys for answering my questions either way. I will just keep doing my census's and compiling data and if the file gets two big I will move it and start a new one. Thanks and I will just keep checking to see when the site gets upgraded.
Thortok2000

WR Updates: 1,110,971
Thortok2000 WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd do it but don't know PHP yet either. I plan to learn within the next year or two, currently going to school for programming.
Alayea

WR Updates: 3,497
Alayea WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks from me as well for explaining things. I'm going to start stockpiling as well.

Best regards to Rollie.
Raindance

WR Updates: 63,897
Raindance WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will version 6 work? As I have been uploading via version 6 as that is the latest. But the Scarshield legion census is totally out.

Well since version 5 is constantly bugging and the site is not updated to the current version 6 I have removed the addon as collecting the data when it is discarded is pointless
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Census Talks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: