WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
This may result in a flood of uploads...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arizza

WR Updates: 27,048
Arizza WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: This may result in a flood of uploads... Reply with quote

Post going on over in the (NA) General Forums http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8874518228?page=1

I've suggested that all the census logs being generated be put to good use by registering here and uploading them.
Fett

WR Updates: 868,499
Fett WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this would have been better done while the site was working...

At this point, there have been no census files successfully processed since the 21st. The files upload successfully, they just fail to process. That means that the data from this potential flood of uploads will all be lost.
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 24,204,198
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Fett, they don't, at least not for all of us. I haven't made very many tries, but I and a handful of other people can't upload, either. So I am just stockpiling away, which is not exactly new, but it does mean that when service is restored, I will have a huge pile of large files to upload. Even by now, I estimate that I will require almost a week just to clear my personal backlog... *deep sigh*

Since the troubles began around the launch of MoP... I have already needed 450+ backups and have submitted dozens of other files during the rare few days when the queue was both functioning and not overtly backlogged...

I sincerely hope that Rollie, Metalbeast, Bringoutyourdead and Balgair, among others who have sacrificed much of their time and resources to keep both the site and the addon operational, succeed this time as well, because right now, thing look fairly bleak again.

I made so many posts advicing patience that I feel my own slowly crumbling. One could call it "combat fatigue" of sorts... Padanfain beats me with ease and so many of my files have ended up as Es over the past months that it's not even remotely funny anymore. I did some rough calculations a while back and if I recall correctly, ended up with an estimate of anywhere between 600 000 and 2 000 000 updates having been lost by myself alone.

Considering some of the E piles I have seen elsewhere, I would not be very surprised, if someone told me that we have lost over 10 000 000 updates since MOP launch. On top of that, we keep bleeding submission makers. Some, like Pennet, choose to post goodbyes, others just fade into obscurity...

Sure, years have passed and even WoW has suffered setbacks... but still... In November 2008, when I started here, 100 000 updates was not enough to make place 10... this month, if things don't get fixed really soon, only three people will exceed that... and even they do get fixed fast, likely a maximum of five will make it. This month will barely beat February, which was really difficult in many ways, but as is right now, for me this will probably be the second worst month ever from pure results point of view. Of course, last October shows up as flat zeros for me, but that was the time during which almost everyone just kept stockpiling away and hoping things would get better one day...

I am frustrated, sweaty and tired, so I think I'll sign off for tonight and take a new look at things tomorrow... Good night all!
FuxieDK

WR Updates: 2,624,385
FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Processing have been reset back to (before) 21/3, and files seem to progress fine now..

Start uploading your hundreds of files, 74er Wink
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*chuckle* I am glad I ONLY have about two dozen big ones, Fuxie. *tests* However, seems I am in for a lot of trouble:

A) Uploading still doesn't work for me:

IP: 88.113.146.9
United Kingdom

No error messages, no upload.

B) Seems I can't access my WoW account, either: Battle.net Error # 104. I guess it's time to force a password reset soon, even though this looks like a Blizzard end error. I'll check a few more things before that, though.

C) Also, someone might want to take a look at this:

May 20, 13 12:44:05 1608 5846 E
May 20, 13 05:48:40 262 1311 E

I am about 99,9% sure those two files were Ys before. And a failed fiile should cause 0s. So something is definetly still broken.

This is angry and confused Epic Censi, signing off... Sad
Fett

WR Updates: 868,499
Fett WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have files with processed character counts and Es also, and all prior to the point at which processing had been halted. I don't know what that represents.

The other oddity I have already observed is that if a character levels multiple times on a given date, only the initial level is recorded.

The best example is the character I was running Outland dungeons with guildies on this evening. The character started at level 60. When I leveled to 61 I took a census, then logged out and added the file to my stockpile. When the character hit 62 I took a census, then logged out and added the file to my stockpile. When the character hit 63 I took a census, then logged out and added the file to my stockpile. When I saw Padanfain's post, I uploaded my stockpile sequentially. (Mine wasn't very big. Discouragement has kept me from running many censuses lately.) The files were subsequently all processed. When I look at the guild listing, it shows the character as level 61. When I click on the character's name and look at their history, it shows the character as level 61 today. I looked through my backlog files to see if I could find other incidents that followed that pattern. I was able to identify other characters where the same pattern was evident. I have no idea what this means, other than things still are not operating as expected.
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on status:

Between my previous post on the 27th and earlier this morning my Battle.net account has been stolen (again) Sad and I am attempting to resolve matters with Blizzard, but things aren't going very well or at least not very fast. This is probably due to the fact that this time the thief managed to add an authenticator to the account. I have already supplied Blizzard the data they requested, including a scan of my passport, but haven't heard back from them yet. To compound the matters, Outlook / Hotmail is malfunctioning and Microsoft based Skype access is broken. Virusscans and Spypot came up empty.

Bringoutyourdead has kindly already been in contact with me about the upload problem, but as things stand, I am not able to supply him with a new test file. Sad

I was not happy last night, I was even less happy this morning and right now I getting close to the point where I contact an MP and request a law that makes identity theft a death penalty crime. Please note that I think that death penalty should not exist for any crime, I am just very, VERY upset right now.

I apologize for venting, but I really needed that...

Chopped off Epic Censi signing out for a bit...

Edit (several hours later): After over 8 very unpleasant hours, I finally have my account back. It will be interesting to see what the Game Master Team replies to my extra comments, but for now I am concentrating on searching my characters for any additional damage. So far, I haven't found anything, but I still have about 40 characters to go...
FuxieDK

WR Updates: 2,624,385
FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Authenticator!!!! Don' play without it, or you might not be able to play at all..
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 11,203,694
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Fuxie said! It must absolutely suck to lose your account; I took warning after a friend lost his back in Burning crusade days and got an authenticator around the time they introduced them; I'd never be without one now, it's just too risky, sadly Sad Pretty much everyone I know who doesn't use one, has been hacked at some point (and most have got them afterwards).

Glad you've got it back now, but please please, save yourself the stress and protect your account now Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: