WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
State of WarcraftRealms

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: State of WarcraftRealms Reply with quote

Pretty much anyone who visits the site with any regularity knows that WCR has been hurting for quite a while. Server instability, database woes, and other technical issues, coupled with my decreased availability has had things stagnating for quite a while around here.

I had long searched for someone capable to help out with development and have had a little help from time to time, but never had anyone really capable or willing to dig in and really work on things to keep the site moving forward.

Fortunately, a few months ago, I was contacted by metalbeast who wanted to come on board and help take the site forward. I jumped at the opportunity but it took quite a bit of time before we could figure out a good path forward.

Eventually, we did get the site migrated to new hosting and metalbeast has been busy getting things hooked up and working. There's still some pieces here and there that might not be functioning properly, but by an large things should be getting back to normal.

I know metalbeast has some big plans for WCR.

Personally, I will be around a bit here and there, but I do not envision that I'll be a major player in development efforts going forward. I just don't have the time, and with not having played WoW for years now, I don't have the drive either. In the past 9 years, I've spent a lot of time on the site and on WoW, but alas, time passes, interests change, and people move on.

I cannot give enough thanks to those who have stuck around here and helped keep things in order while I was unable to be here. Without you guys, the site would have shriveled up and died long ago.

I look forward to seeing how things progress around here, and who knows, maybe someday I'll be able to pick up WoW again and dip my toes in the WoW community again!
Padanfain
Updater Extraordinaire

WR Updates: 21,636,966
Padanfain WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Rollie for handing over the reigns when someone both willing and capable stepped up and asked to take over the day to day workings of your hobby, your labor of love. That had to have been almost as hard as watching your hard work, time, sweat and tears degenerate as it had. The game still has much life left in it and as long as it does I hope WCR is here to take count.
zwerbie

WR Updates: 12,962
zwerbie WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh crikey! Was it something I said or did? I have just signed up and you are going...... all the best. x
Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zwerbie wrote:
Oh crikey! Was it something I said or did? I have just signed up and you are going...... all the best. x

Hehe, sadly, I've been 'gone' already for quite a while, much to the detriment of the site and the community. By handing things over to metalbeast, it is my hope he can help breathe new life into the site and help carry the site forward.

I am hoping to still be around a bit, and honestly I could possibly be around more just due to having less pressure/guilt! I honestly had been avoiding coming here just due to feeling so guilty that things had gotten to the state they were!
Arizza

WR Updates: 27,048
Arizza WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Rollie, for caring enough about your baby to know when it's time to let go. While I've always been more of a user than a contributor WR has been invaluable to many of us over the years.

Good luck where ever your travels take you.
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 11,345,507
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for everything Rollie; you created a great site and community here; yes, things have been struggling for a while, but I'm glad you've been able to hand over to someone who can keep it going and hopefully revive it again.

I certainly hope the pressure being off means you'll drop in more often now - can totally understand how hard it's been recently, so it'd be great to see you again without it just being "please fix this!" Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: