WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
LDB Broker plugin - ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SannaSK

WR Updates: 418,020
SannaSK WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: LDB Broker plugin - ? Reply with quote

Sooooooo..... I have a question:

a) should I attempt to learn lua and write an LDB broker plugin myself (where 'write' will probably = 'modify the dbm-ldb plugin until it works for censusplus')?

b) does someone who doesn't suck at lua want to do this more efficiently than I could?

c) does someone with the patience of a saint want to teach me lua?

I was reading http://wiki.github.com/tekkub/libdatabroker-1-1/api and got as far as "ldb:NewDataObject(name[, dataobject]) → dataobject" (which isn't very far at all) before i went 'yeahhhhh i can't do this myself.' In my defense, I've written some database display stuff with mysql, so i can't be a complete nub. just a ... mostly nub. I've tried to read all the 'learn to code lua for world of warcraft' things, and ... they don't make any sense to me. I think one of the things I don't understand is which words are 'command' words that i can't change and which words are the ones i can alter to suit the needs of the program.

but that's kind of a digression.

which option is the best option for acquiring an LDB broker plugin for censusplus, so I and others can get this little thingie off the minimap but still have something on the screen to click to get options?
Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrmm...

I don't know anything about LDB so I'd need to poke into it.
BW~Merlin

WR Updates: 521,609
BW~Merlin WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote my own LDB button for recipe radar a while ago and it was very easy. All it did was toggle open/close the recipe radar window by calling the already inbuilt function to open/close the window that was in recipe radar.

Seriously if I can do it you can as I have problems with all types of scripting and programming languages (I simply can not do any scripting/programming).
SannaSK

SannaSK WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon my necroing of this old old thread, but seeing as how we have some more hands on deck these days, I thought I'd re-raise the question X D would it be possible to build in an LDB plugin, or have a separate addon that is an LDB plugin? I like keeping things off my minimap.

The plugin wouldn't have to do much, I mostly imagine it to be a 'click to open CPlus window', or maybe on mouseover it would pop up an option to 'click to begin Census'. Or, if someone likes the idea and wants to get all fancy, why not?

So, anyway.... any taker(s)?
bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

WR Updates: 7,118,468
bringoutyourdead WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you aware that
1 - you can turn off the censusbutton and just use the chat window commands.
2 - The censusbutton is anchored to the whole UI screen and can be moved to any location you want... I typically hang mine off of my character nameplate in an out of the way place.
SannaSK

SannaSK WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 - no, i did not know that at all! +1 exp for me. Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: