WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Odd things seen while censusing...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 11,118,606
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Odd things seen while censusing... Reply with quote

10.45 am, noticed Censusplus get down to the race/class queries on lvl 81... that is not a level which usually has over 50 people at any time of day, let alone this early in the morning! Seemingly, there are 76 lvl 81 human paladins on EU-Aegwynn, almost all with gobbledegook names, and all are hanging out in the Botanica or Netherstorm. Hmmmmmm!

Scroll of Resurrection specials, perhaps, given the lvls and they're all in greens bought from Cata vendors (at least the few I looked up on the armory did, couldn't be bothered trying to remember the worse keyboard-mashing names lol Razz). Certainly appears like botting in some form, if they were all guilded (some are, but a lot aren't) or doing appropriate lvl content I'd have thought extreme multiboxer, but Botanica? Shame Battle.net's broken and that in turn has broken the raise a ticket interface, oh well, if I see it again I'll raise a ticket then.
Padanfain
Updater Extraordinaire

WR Updates: 17,275,191
Padanfain WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, things that make you go Hmmmmmm! That is very curious. Please update if you find out what the heck they are up to. Did you notice if they were all of the same spec or proportionate Holy, Ret and Prot to raid? Or probably one of my favorite groups, (not!) that steamrollers BGs.
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 11,118,606
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another server I did later (lower pop) had 17 blood elf paladins, lvl 81, gobbledegook names, in Netherstorm/Botanica. Guess this is a new botting tactic!

Don't quite understand how they're all lvl 81 though, lvl 80s all look perfectly normal and I thought SoR takes you to 80, not 81. Or does it go to 80.99 and the discovery exp of going to Netherstorm push it to 81?

Didn't look at specs much, but seemed mainly prot from the few I checked, will look again next time I visit that server.
superxdude

WR Updates: 569,141
superxdude WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are bots farming for gold.

It is a reoccurring issue that blizz fights over and over
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: