WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Processing stopped?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> WarcraftRealms.com Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 11,578,651
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Processing stopped? Reply with quote

Unprocessed uploads 28

Last processed file was uploaded on 2014-06-03 18:52:16.
Current server time is 2014-06-04 08:30:39 CST

Noticed last night it was exceptionally slow to do the adding up bit; it processed my files fine yesterday, but it was many many hours later that it finally updated the most wanted, server submissions and monthly totals on my own user page. Now today it's not looking in a hurry to process uploads at all. Maybe just part of the site work that's being done? If not, then here's a heads-up Wink
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, it's moving, but slooowly...

Unprocessed uploads 27

Last processed file was uploaded on 2014-06-04 02:09:52.
Current server time is 2014-06-04 12:21:37 CST

Trying not to add too many more files, since it clearly could use a break if it's got 27 in the queue Wink
bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

WR Updates: 7,618,232
bringoutyourdead WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe metalbeast is doing some background database processing as part of cleanup and fixing.

Don't know why upload processing stopped for awhile.. it looks like the timer didn't trigger the master processor program that works through the queue.
Just spent a few minutes if I could see anything in the logs I can view.. but nothing obvious.. and when I checked the dbstats page 10 minutes ago.. we are at Zero unprocessed.
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it suddenly caught up over the last hour or so, strange one but I'm glad it's working again, anyway. If Metalbeast is working on stuff in the background then hopefully that's the cause and not any new problems Smile
bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

WR Updates: 7,618,232
bringoutyourdead WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the current hardware that metalbeast has for Warcraftrealms.com I don't think there is any real reason to delay uploads.
Looking at the latest log we processed 42 uploads at the rate of about 12 uploads per hour.

Last evening when I saw us apparently blocked at 7 unprocessed uploads Metalbeast had been for the last few days doing background admin processing every 15 minutes out of each hour.
That hadn't impacted the site then so I don't think it was the cause of the block.

I see that he is currently doing more database admin tasks this morning.. new automation scripts etc.
Oh happy day Very Happy .. I love the fact we have active support.. even if it sometimes means little glitches when things have to be turned off and on.
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, very glad it's being worked on anyway Smile Still slow on the overall adding up btw - all my uploads have been processed but totals not updated, most wanted not updated, etc... probably related to the work, though. On the plus side, all of my upload numbers look right, which is a big improvement on the last couple of months... no 0's or identical new/updated figures, hope that continues Very Happy
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unprocessed uploads 30

Last processed file was uploaded on 2014-06-10 02:01:40.
Current server time is 2014-06-10 14:38:59 CST

More work being done, I guess? Noticed it's been up and down a few times over the day, some database errors, some site timing out when I tried to load pages. So if not caused by work being done, something's causing some problems again.
bacobaar

WR Updates: 743,287
bacobaar WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Data is being processed , but yesterday i only was online for a few mins. , did one scan and now 2000+ chars are updated and/or added , on a server with less than 500 chars online when i was online .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> WarcraftRealms.com Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: