WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
CensusPlus and Battlegrounds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

WR Updates: 9,204,147
bringoutyourdead WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: CensusPlus and Battlegrounds Reply with quote

Please refresh my knowledge..
If CensusPlus is running and you enter a Battleground
does CensusPlus continue running as normal?
or Pause until you leave the Battleground?
or stop processing?

If in a Battleground will CensusPlus autostart a new census run?
or can you start a run yourself?

I think I know what the code says it is doing.. but it has become so jumbled, I am not really sure without ground truth testing.

Hmm... I wonder if F2P can do Battlegrounds (Warsong Gulch?)
I have never been much for pvp.

Yup.. I am starting to look at the code again... and we may have an update push sometime this month or next.
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 12,813,571
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not done any actual BGs for ages (I assume Ashran is treated differently as a pseudo-BD), but at the point when the code was added, Censusplus would stop running upon entering a battleground, and would refuse to start a new census while you were in a battleground.

This was because, way back in TBC, Censusplus would occasionally crash the entire WoW client while in BGs, I'm not sure Rollie ever knew exactly why it happened, since it was very intermittent and impossible to reproduce on demand, so disabling censusing was the easiest fix for it! http://www.warcraftrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3744

Most likely, whatever was causing those crashes 8 years ago, is no longer relevant, certainly I can do all other cross-realm content with no issues whatsoever, and probably battlegrounds are just the same - it always appeared to be a Blizzard-introduced bug in any case, which has probably been fixed over the years since then.
Padanfain
Updater Extraordinaire

WR Updates: 41,687,402
Padanfain WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran AV with scan in progress on entering. Interface shows no scan in progress and when I click Pause or Stop it messages no scan in progress.

Entering with no scan in progress and clicking Take looks like a scan starts, Pause and Stop buttons look to activate but again no scan in progress.
bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

WR Updates: 9,204,147
bringoutyourdead WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks..
then I am reading the code correctly.. and nothing elsewhere in the addon modifies the expected behavior.

good .. now I just need ground truth on mercenaries outside of the battlegrounds (and Ashran..which needs to be handled as a battleground.. haven't a clue about that.. more code checking.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: