WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Uniuploader broken with 8.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 13,007,580
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject: Uniuploader broken with 8.1 Reply with quote

Well, WoW moved its file system around, as a result, UniUploader can't find the file Sad Tried editing the settings.ini, no luck, and I note the actual program hasn't been updated since 2011, so I guess that's the end of that unless someone takes it over. Shame, it's far easier than navigating to the upload page each time, and a lot better for large files.
FuxieDK
Census Taker

WR Updates: 5,155,498
FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine had no problem finding the new install, using the "Find WoW" button..

Also, I'm pretty sure my version is not from 2011..
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 13,007,580
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I didn't realise there was another WoW.exe inside the new _retail_ folder as well as in the original location, that's just silly! Razz So ok, it can find it when browsing for it, I'd thought there was no way it could find it as the path has changed within the folders, didn't think to check for a 2nd WoW.exe lol. Thanks for prompting me to doublecheck.

UU hasn't been updated since 2011 if you check their own website though, so there most certainly is a concern if Blizz break it more completely than this - chances of anyone still updating after that long must be pretty low Confused
FuxieDK
Census Taker

FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. You might be right about the date... I see mine is 30/12-2010.. V2.8.1.74 and working like a charm..
Poisonenvy

WR Updates: 1,046,159
Poisonenvy WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isnt uniuploader basically just a little programme that uploads a file - set a file location from and to and you're golden? So as long as you can still find where it's at, it should still work?
FuxieDK
Census Taker

FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poisonenvy wrote:
isnt uniuploader basically just a little programme that uploads a file - set a file location from and to and you're golden? So as long as you can still find where it's at, it should still work?
Basically, yes.. But with one important difference: You can upload files bigger than 10M, when you use Uniupload.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: