WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
exploratory network analysis

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> WarcraftRealms Developers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wintermute

WR Updates: 0
wintermute WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: exploratory network analysis Reply with quote

Hey, I'm interested in doing some visualizations of social nets across server size by guild for visualization in Pajek. One example would be level distrubition between guilds contrasted against guild size and server population maybe also against server level distribution.

If you have any suggestions please contribute! The data provided for download in .csv.gz has mostly just player counts, so I would need a custom db pull, but before I request that I need to figure out what actors and relations would be most interesting to visualize and partition that would also be available in the census db.

This work would be for a gradute course and would result in some pretty nice graphical visualizations that I would share with the community here. This is not for profit, etc, is not funded research.

Any input is more than welcome!

-Matt
Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot me an email, rollie@warcraftrealms.com, let me know exactly what kind of data you need and we'll see what we can do =)
Akrostychon

WR Updates: 35,455
Akrostychon WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how far is the progress on this topic... would be interesting, as i was doing some NS2 network simulations and markov-modelling in my study-time as well Smile

maybe it's also interesting to other users Smile
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> WarcraftRealms Developers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: