WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
hourly activity question

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: hourly activity question Reply with quote

I am trying to take census multiple times per day for the activity section. I have only been able to manage 1 upload each time I submit data.

I found by browsing here that logging off/relogging will reset this feature, but I am currious if this applies to totally exiting the game, or if I can switch characters, and maintain this data as long as I don't log off my account?

My problem so far has been that I usually log in in the morning to do a quick census and check AH, and then only end up with that 1 timestamp to submit. I can fix this by submitting in the evening also, but would like to know if switching characters will reset this feature.

I really want to get some more activity data for my server, so I'm currious how this works exactly. Smile
Thanks
Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will reset anytime you log into a realm/faction. So if you just switch characters, then yes, it will reset any time data collected so far.

I did this to ensure the data I am getting is 'fresh'. I may put in an aging technique with the next version that will allow multiple playing sessions before resetting 'old' data.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, thanks for the info. I will stick with my main char for census taking purposes then.

I guess this applies to random disconnects also, so if that happens I can just alt-tab out to submit data without it dissapearing into the ether.
Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with just ALT+TABing and submitting data is that the variable file only saves when you log out or when you do a /console reloadui command.

If you don't do that, then none of the data you have collected during that playing session will be saved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: