WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
unable to upload data

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: unable to upload data Reply with quote

When I try to upload my data I get this message "Document contains no data" . Am I doing something wrong?
Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure. You are sure you are attempting to upload your SavedVariables.lua file?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rollie wrote:
I'm not sure. You are sure you are attempting to upload your SavedVariables.lua file?

I'm having problems uploading as well. It tells me it's unableto determine my version, but I just installed 1.6 from the website and had no old versions in my Interface directory. Any ideas?

Hagen
Lumpsack

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After you install it don't use an external utility to update the toc, I did this to update other mods and recived the same error so I copied back the mod to the addins folder and it was fine (that was v1.51)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lumpsack wrote:
After you install it don't use an external utility to update the toc, I did this to update other mods and recived the same error so I copied back the mod to the addins folder and it was fine (that was v1.51)

Manually updated 1 mod myself (GuildTracker I think) but haven't used a program to reset them all.

Hagen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted guildtracker and it updated fine. Weird

Hagen
Rollie
Site Admin

Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is wierd ... I don't know why that would impact the upload, but I'll have to check that mod out.
Lovelost

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having this problem of being unable to upload as well as it can't confirm my version. I have the most recent version of CT mod and a fresh install of the census 1.6+ downloaded from the site.

Is it because I use Firefox?
Lovelost

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried on IE, didn't work there either.

Thought it might have been because I set the date halfway through which I saw was bad on another post, so tried a new census but it did not accept that one either.
Lovelost

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Problem Solved Reply with quote

The issue was with the fact that I hadn't logged out or reloaded the UI. After I logged out and tried it it worked fine.

Can you add a message to the completed census pull to remind the user to reload the UI? I was planning on just keeping the upload page open and pulling census data whenever I'm flying or have other downtime and just resending as I go. =)
Rollie
Site Admin

Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yeah. This is just the way that Blizzard has made the UI work. The actual save file is not updated until you either reload the UI, or log out safely. I say safely because if you crash when logging out, your save file will not be updated.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: unable to upload data Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
When I try to upload my data I get this message "Document contains no data" . Am I doing something wrong?

I fixed my issue by deleting my SavedVariables.lua and re-running census.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: