WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Is there any way..?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> WarcraftRealms Developers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsama

WR Updates: 0
jsama WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Is there any way..? Reply with quote

To do a character search using different features? Specifically, I want to do a character search based on the 'First Seen' data. Is there any way this can be achieved?
DM.
Census Tester

WR Updates: 841,833
DM. WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly no.... With each additional search feature that is added to the database it adds alot of strain to the servers, which are really reaching their max capacity.

Also the first seen date can be a bit inaccurate given how quickly someone lvls and the fact that alot of those players are pretty much test chars to see if they like the class, and then we got forum trolls, and other chars which are pretty much temp chars. Rollie has deleted several thousand of these low lvl chars at one time because they have taken up alot of space and haven't been seen in over a month or two. Plus many view charts, if not all, use only lvl 10 and higher calculations. So someone might of started a couple of days ago but the database never counted them until they were lvl 10

Well thats the best I can do about why there isn't this type of search feature....

Click my sig
xpolockx

WR Updates: 4,157,136
xpolockx WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poor servers... they're fighting for their very lives.

Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I haven't deleted any characters (other than dupes). I still might though, hehe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> WarcraftRealms Developers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: