WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
[Warhammer] census problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tixie

WR Updates: 0
Tixie WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: [Warhammer] census problem Reply with quote

firt, Thank for your great job

there is a problem with Couronne census, i think
there are too much Destruction (9900 caracter ) in comparaison
of the 2900 found with wardb.com
Alanthus
Updater Extraordinaire

WR Updates: 1,891,532
Alanthus WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wardb characters is detailed character data collected by people running the curse/wardb client, it doesn't collect information on people not running that particular addon. The Census plugin collects character information using the /who command and will collect basic information about anyone online on a particular server/faction (that isn't /anon) at the time you run it.

These are two different tools collecting a different set of information, there is also a third way to collect information and that's from the warhammeronline web data, effectively allowing you to track relatively complete information about guilded characters. Looking at these 3 sets of data through different websites (there are several crawling the warhammeronline web data) you should be able to get a pretty good picture of gmae/server/faction or whatever you're looking at Smile

WR Updates: 1,326,720
Eyeball-Dragonmaw WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the data for Magnus may be corrupted also. I highly doubt we have 24k+ chars on the server just for Order. The highest I had with 6 weeks of census was about 10k.
Alanthus
Updater Extraordinaire

WR Updates: 1,891,532
Alanthus WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, do the EU servers have the same names? ...and how many chars are under level 5...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bar graph numbers seem to be accurate from what I can tell. I think it may just be a display bug on the overall number. Warhammer must be processed manually cause I have uploaded about 10 big census with no change in the results in the last day or so.
Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, for right now it's all manual as I keep an eye on things like what is posted here.

I too noticed the large jump in numbers on those servers and am going to look into the data files today to see if anything is amiss. I was just out of town for most of last week with the holidays!
Eyeball-Dragonmaw

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I figured with no processing that you were probably taking the holiday weekend off. I saved my old files before purging so if you want me to email them to you to look at I can do that also if I am the only one uploading data for that server.

Edit: Also Mythic hasn't made an official announcement, but 26 servers have been quietly shut down. They are now greyed out when selected at the server screen.

Edit: Also with the two new classes coming out verrrrrrry soon its going to jack these numbers around alot. It will probably take a few months before it really gives us true numbers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: