WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
/who during a census repeats endlessly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> CensusPlus UI Mod Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stqn

WR Updates: 37,727
stqn WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: /who during a census repeats endlessly Reply with quote

Hi,

When I shift-click a character's name in the chat window during a census, I get the message "Census in progress, sending override" (or something like that), then I get the /who I wanted, but then it keeps printing the same /who about that character again and again... I have to reload the UI to stop this.

As I wrote in my previous post, WhoLib is running (because of SpamSentry). Maybe I should consider replacing SpamSentry with another anti-spam addon?
Skyfire
Trolling Enforcement

WR Updates: 44,279
Skyfire WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. SpamSentry is the culprit, unfortunately.
DM.
Census Tester

WR Updates: 841,833
DM. WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there even a need for Spam mods? I mean the only place you'll find those guys are in Orgrimmar for Horde... and maybe Ironforge for alliance. A simple right click and Report Spam will ignore the person until you log out.

And it doesn't take much but to read the name of a Party invitation box before clicking Accept or Decline...

Click my sig
Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had any problems with spam for quite some time now. The only thing I do occasionally see is someone in /say in Orgrimmar, and even then it's not very often and I just do a quick rick click & report.
stqn

WR Updates: 37,727
stqn WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there are many spammers on my server... I think SpamSentry blocked more than 800 spam messages since I installed it a few months ago.

Since SpamSentry seems to be the best anti-spam for now, I think I'll keep it for the time being... Census+ (and NotesUNeed) still work decently with it. I just have to remember not to shift-click on player's names during a census :].
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 11,101,294
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's still a lot of /say spam in Org (and IF to a lesser extent) but just moving to another city cures that - UC has none, TB has none, SW only a little, Darnassus none and the TBC cities are all spamfree because the bots don't bother paying for TBC on accounts they know will be banned Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> CensusPlus UI Mod Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: