WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Broken?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> CensusPlus UI Mod Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyth

WR Updates: 113,179
cyth WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Broken? Reply with quote

Every time I try to do census scan, I get the message that it's doing it and then...nothing. Once I started it scanning, played for a few hours, then did a /who and it told me it was stopping scanning. I didn't even realize it still was., it had been so long since it started. I don't know what it was doing for all that time, it never used to take hours.

I also have it set to auto scan. Either it just isn't doing it, or it isn't telling me any more. I know I used to get a message, both when it started & finished.

I've given up taking census data anymore atm. I have enough problems with add-ons slowing my system down without having one that apparently isn't doing anything but taking up memory. I'd love to start using it again if anyone has any bright ideas.
Hybuir
Gear Dependent Squirrel
Gear Dependent Squirrel

WR Updates: 2,564,078
Hybuir WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what server are you on? sometimes if you do a general scan (/who Paladin) it'll pause to give you the results but you'll have to un-pause it. go to your saved variables, how huge is the file?

what server?

cyth

cyth WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually play on the US server Kirin Tor, but I have characters on several other servers as well.

My CensusPlus file in the WTF saved variables folder is 2.96mb
Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kinda sounds like you are possibly having a conflict with another Addon. You should try a Purge from CensusPlus and see if you continue to have issues, and if so, my bet would be a conflict.
cyth

cyth WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just turned off all my add-ons except this one & tried it on my alt on Gul'dan. It took over half an hour to scan for 166 characters. It never did stop scanning, I stopped it because I wanted to go to bed and because I don't remember it ever taking that long to scan before. I know I used to be able to go on a realm, scan for at most 15 minutes, and then switch if I wanted because it had finished. If it had taken hours like it has been, I never would have bothered with it because I'm not usually on that long.
Hesitris

WR Updates: 190,134
Hesitris WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed a similar problem ever since the latest patch. It'll begin scanning (automatically, as I had that option set, at least until determining that it isn't working, read on), and.. never stop. Hours later, I attempt to do a /who and get the "Census in progress, submitting override." message, but my /who never comes up. When I "/census+ stop" the scan, it tells me that it "Found 0 new characters and saw 0. Took took x hours y minutes z seconds." Somehow it's not picking anything up at all. When I do a /who under normal circumstances (without the addon trying to scan), it works just fine.

I don't have any different addons from what I was using before the patch. I've disabled all other addons and tried it like that; I still get the same results. This is not a conflict with other addons. I've pruned my database, and I've purged same database. Scan is still unresponsive. I've just recently rebooted my computer, and the purge was long before said reboot. It seems like this last patch somehow broke the mod.

Edit: Or.. not. I wasn't aware that the addon isn't functional if you don't have the window open or minimap button visible (one or the other). Why is that? I saw that mentioned in another thread and checked; after turning the button back on, it began working properly again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> CensusPlus UI Mod Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: