WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Trends since PVE -> PVP?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Census Talks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgion

WR Updates: 0
Morgion WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Trends since PVE -> PVP? Reply with quote

I'm just curious and I can't think of a better place to look than here. What kind of pop trends are we seeing on the whole since this transfer option?

I'm guessing the big servers got bigger and the small servers smaller, but thats just my Mal'Ganis server experience talking. I'd like to know what is really going on in the big picture. I've got my eye on getting off MG when and if some decent free transfer opens up to another US PVP realm. I'd just like to know if i'm not wasting my time moving against the broader population current.
Hybuir
Gear Dependent Squirrel
Gear Dependent Squirrel

WR Updates: 2,605,239
Hybuir WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its going to shrink small servers to the point where they'll give a free pass out of the server and free up some hardware for blizz. First 30 days you can't see it because toons are 'innactive' after 30 days. Next month should be a good indicator of what went down.

xpolockx

WR Updates: 4,165,437
xpolockx WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, another Mal'Ganis folk Razz

Most likely, the servers will have some kind of consolidation since high pop servers in general offer a much better gameplay experience than ghost town ones. I'd rather have queues and random lag from time to time than log on to a nearly empty server every night, haha. But, I've been on Mal'Ganis since Feb of '05, so I don't see myself leaving any time soon.

So yeah, I do think Hybuir is right, and yeah, it'll take a month or so for the actual results to show up. Those of us on Mal'Ganis have already felt the weight of incoming transfers though, that's for sure Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Census Talks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: