WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Noob question..Delete LUA after upload?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Census Talks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tymer

WR Updates: 16,712
Tymer WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Noob question..Delete LUA after upload? Reply with quote

Hi there. Just a stupid question. After I submit the censusplus.lua file, Should I delete it or let it just keep growing?

Thanks
Tymer
Hybuir
Gear Dependent Squirrel
Gear Dependent Squirrel

WR Updates: 2,637,986
Hybuir WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just keep it growing. I throw in a /censusplus prune 7 in there everyday to make sure that the file isn't getting too big. that command will delete any players it hasn't seen in 7 days.

Tymer

WR Updates: 16,712
Tymer WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Preciated.
gmmmpresser

WR Updates: 5,526,793
gmmmpresser WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to do a Purge after every Upload. This way your next upload 'seems' to go very 'quickly'.
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 24,850,679
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though both Hybuir and Gmmmpresser gave good advice, I would like to add something. If you choose to use Hybuir's method: how small the number in the command is could change if you run huge numbers of censuses on multiple servers.

For example I need to do /censusplus prune 1 or 2 fairly often. Very Happy And every now and then after an upload I just do /censusplus prune 0, which is basically a Purge with a small difference. I get to see just how many characters were removed. Very Happy

If you run census only on a single server, you most likely never need to purge and the standard prune button (30 days), will be more than enough. Very Happy

And yes, small uploads are VERY fast... mine almost always take time, as the file is very likely to be anywhere between 1 and 9,99 MB in size... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Census Talks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: