WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
wow census uploading both factions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetah

WR Updates: 34
jetah WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: wow census uploading both factions Reply with quote

OK, i have 2 accounts.
one account will do horde, the other account will do alliance. when i upload the first file it works fine. the second file seems to overwrite the first file because I've uploaded one with-in the past hour. any method i can upload both files for both factions at one time?

jetah
Hybuir
Gear Dependent Squirrel
Gear Dependent Squirrel

WR Updates: 2,629,077
Hybuir WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's actually within about 20 min. other than that you should be seeing updates on both files Smile

AlexandraD

WR Updates: 53,870
AlexandraD WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Both factions with one census file? Reply with quote

Hi,

it seems if i do a census on both factions and then upload... it only updates the last faction?

Does the census file not allow for both factions to be listed separatly?
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 24,075,107
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Alexandra!

It's actually possible to have a lot of factions in the single .lua. I regularly have multiple servers in my submissions. Could it be that you have intentionally or accidentally purged/pruned/deleted data?
AlexandraD

WR Updates: 53,870
AlexandraD WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1974ER wrote:
Hello Alexandra!

It's actually possible to have a lot of factions in the single .lua. I regularly have multiple servers in my submissions. Could it be that you have intentionally or accidentally purged/pruned/deleted data?

No, i just login on horde AH char, do a "Take" census, logout (but do not quit wow), switch to Alliance, do a "Take" census then exit the game and upload. The alliance gets counted the horde does not.
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 24,075,107
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange... that's not supposed to happen. Sad Can you try to reverse the faction order and see if the results change to opposite as well?
bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

WR Updates: 7,118,468
bringoutyourdead WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me like the file holding the census data has been corrupted.. I would recommend just deleting the file and have the mod recreate it.. you will have to update any settings info again.

Sometime before I stopped playing.. I use to hand edit out realm/factions that I was no longer interested in doing census runs. I ran into odd issues like you are seeing in spite of my careful editing.. finally I just decided it wasn't worth the effort to locally save my main realm census.. and just deleted the file every time I wanted to start clean census runs.
IVYHOBBY

WR Updates: 0
IVYHOBBY WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do a "Take" census, logout (but do not quit wow), switch to Alliance, do a "Take" census then exit the game and upload. The alliance gets counted the horde does not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: