WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Help me reach 1M
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Census Talks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FuxieDK

WR Updates: 2,581,566
FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balgair wrote:
News from Rollie:

Quote:
I've just been so completely swamped and had emergency RL afk's due to some family troubles that I haven't had a chance to tinker.

I have tried on more than one occasion to download the PTR client, but the PTR client will not download for me for some reason (keeps crashing). If 4.0.1 comes out tomorrow, then I can always do the update live, it will just cost us a day or so. I will try to DL the PRT client again today and see if I have any luck.

So fingers crossed, we'll have it back pretty soon, phew! Smile
v4.0.1 have been out for 3 days (in US where Rollie lives) and still no sign of any updates..
That's just not good enough...
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 23,393,970
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not going to blame Rollie, Fuxie. I have first hand experience with how badly things can sometimes go wrong in one's daily life. We all did one heck of a job getting many, many realms at least one update before the servers went down. In fact, Wednesday morning, about 49 hours ago, only four factions were at 0, now figures are as follows:

US English: 2
EU English: 4
German: 1
French: 2
Spanish: 0

For now, those figures are still reasonably easy to fix... but naturally, every passing hour makes things worse as more and more censuses reach the age of 30 days and get removed.

I am already so used to running censuses that the current situation feels strange, somehow. Very Happy I will continue to check back here every now and then.

Since some of my characters have already leveled up, I have started to keep a manual record of those changes and their dates. If any of it can be retroactively corrected into the system, I don't know, but I am still going keep the record, while playing WoW, writing more crash reports to Blizzard (Horde flag in WSG, I hate you! Evil or Very Mad ), etc.
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 11,068,258
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with 1974ER, the only thing blaming Rollie will achieve is to hurt him when he reads the comments. Pretty sure that anybody, on having RL family related problems, would have to let a mere hobby take a backseat for a while, there'd be something pretty wrong with anyone who didn't, frankly, so play it fair here and give him a chance. I'm as disappointed as anyone at the addon being broken but hey, I'm still working on fixing specs and UIs on all my characters anyway, so it really doesn't hurt to have to wait a few days.
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The figures now look like this:

US English: 3
EU English: 5
German: 3
French: 5
Spanish: 0

Also, some people are still submitting older (pre-patch) data, it seems, as the Alliance has gotten 63 realms updated in the past 24 hours and the Horde 48. Those figures too, are way down, as they usually exceed 200.
Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, will have new version today. And I'm very sorry for my absence, I know it sounds like a broken record, but it's been a rough few months
FuxieDK

WR Updates: 2,581,566
FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My next update will 101% sure bring me over 1M...

FINALLY!!!
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I told you that you would not need long... I got almost 2000 updates from just 5,5 factions and I am pretty sure you have ran through more than that today... Very Happy I know I am a bit early, but congratulations are in order, 1M updates is a lot. Smile
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 11,068,258
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats when it comes! Smile I've been slacking and not censusing any other than my own server, but I'll get back into it shortly.. currently trying to relearn various characters that feel like playing a whole new class Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Census Talks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: