WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
WR Updates, Not Updating (4.0.3a patch)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> WarcraftRealms.com Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FuxieDK

WR Updates: 2,585,132
FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I see it's our primary "enemy" right now, is the pauses in the processing..

When files are being processed, it's done at a decent speed.
Processing for 2 hours and then make an 6-8 hour pause, works OK(ish), when data is up to date..
However, when data is so far behind as it is now, we loose all progress in those pauses.

If Rollie can/will disable that pause (even if only temporary), I reckon that we can catch in less than 24 hours..
Then Rollie can re-enable the pause, if he thinks it's best for the system..
bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

WR Updates: 7,092,047
bringoutyourdead WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FuxieDK wrote:

If Rollie can/will disable that pause (even if only temporary), I reckon that we can catch in less than 24 hours..

I don't think that Rollie has enabled a 'Pause'. I expect that what you think are pauses are nothing more than the database engine working on data you aren't aware of. We don't know how Rollie has his database environment setup (what engine, what tables, indices and other structures)
FuxieDK

FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bringoutyourdead wrote:
FuxieDK wrote:

I don't think that Rollie has enabled a 'Pause'. I expect that what you think are pauses are nothing more than the database engine working on data you aren't aware of. We don't know how Rollie has his database environment setup (what engine, what tables, indices and other structures)
Which is exactly why I wrote "If Rollie can/will disable...." Wink
Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that pause isn't so much of a pause in processing, but a pause in active file processing while it compiles total stats. There is a long post-processing routine that is run that basically gets all this raw data into a form that allows me to display it quickly on the site.
FuxieDK

FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rollie wrote:
Yeah, that pause isn't so much of a pause in processing, but a pause in active file processing while it compiles total stats. There is a long post-processing routine that is run that basically gets all this raw data into a form that allows me to display it quickly on the site.
Can't that compile of total stats be skipped, until we have catched up?

Right now, you've disabled upload, which means we loose critical data for people that level... However, there is no improvement in process speed, which, overall, is aworse situation now, than before..
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 23,549,487
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll leave your question to Rollie...

But as to losing data... I have started to cut out the .lua and put it into folders called Lua Unsent 1, Lua Unsent 2, etc, because I now no longer can prune/purge submitted data since I can't submit. That way, when Rollie is able to restore uploading function, I'll have at least something to submit. But, admittably and truth be told, it's a stopgap method at best.

And we face another storm... We are seeing an unprecedented scale of new data... and most of it passes us by. Rollie, any chance of getting a temporary upgrade of the addon out quickly, even if it's English only, lacks bars, new faces, WIM / wholib support, etc... but just had the basic coding necessary to catch goblins, worgen and 81+ to at least some degree?

Balgair has most graciously shared some of her work with me, so I am slightly better off than the general public. But basically... I believe we, the submission makers, would appreciate even limited tools to work with while you go through (undoubtably huge effort of) tinkering the site to Cataclysm compatible form and refine the code to higher level of "play togehter" with other addons.

As usual, thank you for everyone who managed to finish reading my musings. Very Happy Comments most welcome, also. Smile
FuxieDK

FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1974ER wrote:
But as to losing data... I have started to cut out the .lua and put it into folders called Lua Unsent 1, Lua Unsent 2, etc,
So am I, but sadly, that isn't what everyone is doing Sad

I've also tried to change
Code:
local MAX_CHARACTER_LEVEL = 80;

from 80 to 85, but the scanner doesn't scan above 80 anyway Sad
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 11,099,399
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to edit the actual scan process bit, that tells it what to search for - a fair way down in the lua, under the section labelled "Take a CensusPlus" is a segment of code like this:

Code:

local job = CensusPlus_CreateJob( 71, 84, nil, nil, nil );
        InsertJobIntoQueue(job);

job = CensusPlus_CreateJob( 85, 85, nil, nil, nil );
      InsertJobIntoQueue(job);

That's how I've edited it, originally the numbers were 71, 79, and 80, 80. Yes it looks more logical to tell it to do 81-84 but I broke it when I tried that and it didn't search 71-80, so just using a clunky search band to get results at all Wink

I'm actually not censusing that much atm, probably should be but since I'm not going to get goblins or worgens (totally broke the addon when I tried adding them so gave up, that's evidently beyond me!), it feels less effective than if I could see everything. Plus I overdid it last month and want to just enjoy playing atm (even if my copy STILL hasn't arrived so I'm actually only playing my troll druid /sigh Sad)
FuxieDK

FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works Smile

But it now takes 71-84 in one go (or attempts to).. Not ideal for release, but OK(ish) for waiting time Wink
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 11,099,399
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said it was clunky Wink Obviously can't release it like that but it does as a stopgap anyway lol - I know absolutely zero about coding so getting it working that far was a miracle Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> WarcraftRealms.com Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: