WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Uploads finally re-enabled - CensusPlus 5.0.2 Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> News and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bambi's Faline

WR Updates: 218,770
Bambi's Faline WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bringoutyourdead wrote:
Hmm.. we need to put some real info into these numbers.

<snip>

In short... currently various realms are now queue triggering at somewhere between 4500-5000.

Honestly, my memory may be faulty. But I thought that a few months ago I was seeing population counts of 10K, which was why 2K counts were making me do a double-take. Am I mis-remembering?
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 24,795,456
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may rather be confusing different values with eachother... let me show how:

Population on specific server and faction at any given moment is exactly X (this value is only known to Blizzard).

We have figures on WCR, which amount to less than X (we can't see characters that aren't active... and don't catch 100% of the ones who are, because no faction on any realm gets 24 hour coverage from us). This value can be close to X on a very heavily censused server and very far from it, if the number of censuses is low / zero.

Your local .lua has values, which often amount to less than the values on the WCR (because relatively few realms are cencused exclusively by a single submission maker all the time).

And last comes the value, which you receive as you run a single census (this value is likely to be smaller than your current local .lua value, unless you have just pruned / purged your local file).

In short during exact moment you complete as scan you may have a value of 30k on WCR, about 10k in your local .lua and see exactly (for example) 2438 characters in a single census.

As a specific, real example: EU-Silvermoon currently has 25 302 Alliance according to WCR (I have supplied some of this data). My local .lua file contains 9 035 characters on that specific faction after the census that just finished. And that finished census contained info on 1 452 characters (of which I had not seen 556 since I last pruned my .lua).

If you distinctly remember seeing a value of about 10k, it's likely to have been the total amount in your local .lua (because that's entirely possible, which I know, because I have at times had about 12k+ characters in my local .lua for some heavily populated and censused by me factions).
FuxieDK

WR Updates: 2,719,695
FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bringoutyourdead wrote:
Unless Rollie changed it again that minimum is I believe at 30 now.
Bah... I must have missed that.. I thought it (still) was level 10 as minimum...
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was only mentioned briefly in one thread, I suspect quite a few people missed it, so you are not alone. Sad And even though I didn't miss it, I am now back to manual tracking as I have a LARGE number of sub-level 30 characters that still see some playtime most days.
Korwynd

WR Updates: 3,094,823
Korwynd WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at the Alliance side on Thunderhorn and it shows Worgens as being the second most popular race there, just behind Humans, but just ahead of Night Elves, with the most popular class being Druids followed closely by Hunters. On the Horde side, I don't see that many new Goblins be added on the realms I've looked at.

Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THe process is keeping up just fine so I have re-enabled sub level 30's for the time being. We'll keep an eye on it!
shadowslip

WR Updates: 138,042
shadowslip WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started to sub censuses but I was wondering how many times to click purge or prune?

(I'm also trying to do some on the most wanted list) Very Happy
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pruning / purging frequency really depends on a few factors:

1) How many and how heavily populated realms you census.

2) How often do you submit data.

3) Do you care about the data yourself, in other words, does the info in your local .lua interest you.

Some people work on such low population factions that they might infact never need to purge and pruning once a month suffices more than well... others, like Balgair or myself... well, purging or at least pruning is pretty much daily routine.
shadowslip

WR Updates: 138,042
shadowslip WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks Smile

most of mine are on sylvanas so a daily purge is needed.

WR Updates: 34,199
pencey WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woohoo, nice work
PetRiLJoe

WR Updates: 2,793
PetRiLJoe WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still a bit confused about which file exactly to upload. The one within my account saved variables or Account > realm > specific character saved variables?

Sad

Nordelar

WR Updates: 131,207
Nordelar WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears you have submitted data from version 6.0.0 of CensusPlus. The latest version is 5.0.2. Please download the latest version and rerun CensusPlus. Your data will not be accepted unless submitted using the latest version of CensusPlus. You can get the latest version here :
Pennet

WR Updates: 1,215,324
Pennet WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man... I saw the subject line and got all excited to start uploading. Not so much. Smile
Alayea

WR Updates: 3,497
Alayea WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordelar wrote:
It appears you have submitted data from version 6.0.0 of CensusPlus. The latest version is 5.0.2. Please download the latest version and rerun CensusPlus. Your data will not be accepted unless submitted using the latest version of CensusPlus. You can get the latest version here :

Same here as well.
Eightykiller

WR Updates: 101,236
Eightykiller WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having this same issue. I downloaded and installed the 5.0.2 from this site and still had the same issue. I completly removed CensusPlus folder from my addons folder and selected ignor on my Curse Client for the CensusPlus addon. I was now able to upload without an error. I have yet to see my uploaded information on the website, but that sometimes takes a while.
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 11,345,507
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, please don't upload using the old version, wait for the website to be updated, since until it's updated, Pandaren, Monks and lvls 86-90 won't be processed. Which means your submissions will miss all the most useful information, and as such, there's not really any value to uploading until the site is ready to process the new data.

I'd love to be able to give any updates on timeframes here, but only Rollie can make that happen, and as bringoutyourdead said in another thread, we don't like to hassle him too much; he's well aware it's needed, and hopefully it'll come sooner rather than later.
Alayea

WR Updates: 3,497
Alayea WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads-up, Balgair. =)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> News and Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: