WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
just a few questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Census Talks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dest

WR Updates: 91,982
dest WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: just a few questions Reply with quote

hello,

i've downloaded the census+ ui mod to help censusing (is that even a word?) my realm and others, too.

and i have a few questions -

1: if i click on "Show Chars" there's a list of chars. okay, but it says "Total Characters: 1000 -- MAXXED!". what does that "MAXXED" mean?

2: should i make a database purge because of that "MAXXED"?

3: should i generally make periodic database purges to keep the .lua file clean? or doesn't it matter?

4: how often should i take dataz? every day? or is that too much?

thanks in advance!
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 24,541,150
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! Smile

1: It simply means the list is full, it can't show more than 1000 entries.

2: Not necessary, the .lua can contain a lot more than 1000 entries.

3: When uploading manually, the file has a maximum size of 10 MB. If you don't census much, you might never need to purge and even pruning might be very rare occurence. On the other hand, if you census a lot, you might have to heavily prune / purge often... At one point I ran so many censuses I needed to prune / purge about every other day. At the moment, about every 6th day suffices for me.

4: That's up to you. I run anywhere between 50 and 120+ censuses per day and usually submit about 2-4 times per day. Technically, there is no such thing as too much data... however, to avoid queue overload and overllapping errors, it's recommend that you don't submit multiple times within 15 minute periods.

Hope these answers helped. Smile
dest

WR Updates: 91,982
dest WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright thanks, happy censusing Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Census Talks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: