WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
New User Uploading Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Totzul

WR Updates: 0
Totzul WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: New User Uploading Question Reply with quote

Ok, for some reason I get the feeling this will make me feel stupid, but here goes anyway!

I've just started to use the add-on, I've got it running just fine, and I watched the add-on auto-run Census several times yesterday (had a nice, looooong Warcraft day). Today, when I came to upload, the upload seems to have started just fine...but how do you know when it's finished?

The screen seems to stop after saying "File appears to be valid, checking your version number." It added a few lines to the code at the bottom, but it never says anything like "Upload Complete." I've left it running for a good 20 min now. It's a small server (Azshara - it REALLY needs the updates!), and therefore a small file (only about 134Kb), so I'm not sure how long it should take.

Is it finished after it reaches this point...

Checking your file
Found CensusPlus Database
Found CensusPlus Info Data
Found Version Number => Version: <=
Found Locale => Locale: <=
Found Locale => Locale: US\"; <=
Found Locale => Locale: EU\"; <=
Found Locale => Locale: ??\"; <=
Found Locale => Locale: US\" ) ) then <=
Found Locale => Locale: US\" ) then <=

...or is it still running? Do you suggest just getting the UniUploader so that I don't have to worry about it in the future?

Thanks a ton!

Edit: aaaaaand I just realized that I put this in completely the wrong forum. Sorry about that.
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 22,694,662
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome!

I am sorry to say, but it seems that your upload failed utterly. A successful submission doesn't look like that and there are no uploads to be seen in your personal profile at all...

Have you tried multiple times and always ended up with a result such as the one you copied in your post?
Totzul

Totzul WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've tried multiple times and I keep getting that. I've started using UniUploader, and it says that the submissions are accepted now, but it apparently can't credit my account because of a syntax error. I've followed the forum's directions on making it run properly, including changing the entries under Options to "user" and "pw", but it still won't recognize my account.

Honestly, I don't care about getting credited, I only care about the info being accurately updated. Can you just tell me if Azshara is getting updates now that I'm using UniUploader? The one for tonight should show up with...I believe it was 1756 characters (my server is too small!)

Thanks in advance.
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again...

If that figure of characters seen is from Alliance side, whether it be US or EU, then the answer is a definete NO, sorry.

Are you using the newest version of the Addon, 5.0.2? Also, can you try running a census on some other, preferably high or full status realm and also check that you are submitting the correct .lua? And that the file size is increasing as more data is added to it?

EDIT:

IP: **.***.***.***
Finland
CensusPlus
File appears to be valid, checking your version number.

Checking your file
Found CensusPlus Database
Found CensusPlus Info Data
Found Version Number => Version: 5.0.2 <Found> Locale: EU <=

Version check complete!
Thank you for submitting your file! It will be processed soon and the data will be added to all listed data!

This is roughly how a successful manual upload looks like for me, I just edited out my IP data.
Totzul

Totzul WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's for the Horde side. Yes I'm using 5.0.2, and that message there is what I see from Uni, except with an added bit saying that it can't recognize the password because of a syntax error (and yes, I've retyped the correct password several times).

The .lua should be CensusPlus.lua correct?

Edit: I just checked the Census, and the Horde side has definitely been updated. It's an older version of what I had, but I assume my newest one just hasn't been processed yet. Again: so long as the info is updating, I'm absolutely fine with not being credited.

Edit 2: I don't know why I didn't think before, but Malwarebytes could be blocking the manual upload for some reason. It still doesn't explain Uni's pw issue though, so it might be something to look in to.
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only use manual uploads so I can't really offer much help on UniUploader, especially since you say that you have already read the help threads for it...

Yes, CensusPlus.lua is correct, it's just that there are two copies of it on every computer and only one of them is usable. That's why the manual upload page has the instructions where the correct one is on various systems.

However, it seems likely that you have the correct file, so that isn't the problem. The tricky part about you not being credited is that there is no direct way (for me, as a fellow user only, at least) to tell whether it's your updates that are taking effect or ones from some other census user on the realm.
Totzul

Totzul WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the fact that there were basically NO uploads, to the point that numbers were in the red and Census said there were less than 100 people on the horde side, and now it seems to have most of the info that I've collected over the last week, I'm going to magically pretend that I did that! Mr. Green
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe... Ok. Shame about you not getting credit... have you retried manual uploading?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: