WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Well, one more barrier blown...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 23,367,935
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Well, one more barrier blown... Reply with quote

As of late last night, the biggest updates figures are as follows:

15,967,925 for me.

7,983,748 for Balgair.

2 x 7,983,748 is 15,967,496 and that means that at least for the time being I now possess more than double the amount compared to anyone... Very Happy

And the 16M barrier is closing in, too... Very Happy
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 11,068,258
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! I hadn't been keeping track of your scores, thought it was a bit further off than that, well done, serious impressive censusing there Smile

I'm hoping to reach 8M very soon, would've done already but Hallows End got me playing exclusively my main server for a couple of weeks - next few days I hope! Smile
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, in theory you could push it in less than a day... Very Happy In any case, congratulations are in order soon... Very Happy I am also getting very close to hiting 36 months as a member here. Looks like I'll achieve my next goal of 16M updates a few days early. Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy One goal which I might actually achieve today is being more than 8M ahead of you... Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe yep, hopefully tomorrow if I'm lucky, will see how today's submissions go but I don't think it'll be 15k. Pretty sure you will get 8M ahead of me, that's insane, big congratulations! Very Happy
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it took me until late last night to get over the 16M barrier. My next to last submission left me literally only couple of hundred short and the last one of night pushed me to 16,002,704. Very Happy

And since you need one more little push to exceed 8M, I am slightly more than 8M ahead (for now). Very Happy

Happy censusing to everyone! Smile
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Very Happy Amazing figures there, wonder how much further ahead you'll get in time, think you'll hit 20M before anyone else gets near 10M Razz
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..ding! Very Happy Hasn't gone through yet but I was on 7,995,508 and just had an update of 12,476 processed, so thats me finally reached 8M. Not really much compared with you! Wink
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, as of now, it's already visible on the top 10 too... Very Happy

Also, you should look at the lists behind you... Losing a million new ones would only drop you down three places... excluding me, Gmmmpresser and Kerebo, anyone else would be knocked down to negative figures...

On the updates list, the gaps are even bigger... You could lose five million entries and drop six places... Again, excluding myself, Kerebo and Gmmmpresser, such a loss would knock one to negative figures. Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe guess that doesn't look so bad lol, I usually just look up at you getting further and further away Wink On my average rate of progress, I'm now 6 years from catching up to you, if you quit today Razz
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perspective... Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

For most present members, reaching 15M from WCR career beginning would take roughly 300 months (25 years) or more... which is sufficiently long time that it will simply not happen... Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Even copying your recorded high of roughly 800k a month would mean spending 20 months from day 1. Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy Provided I quit right now, which I am not going to do... Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe yeah, you're basically uncatchable Very Happy Still reckon with some dedication I could hit 1M in a month, but I just haven't managed to keep it up yet - doubt I ever will tbh! Theoretically it can be done but in reality... it's too much Razz
bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

WR Updates: 7,009,633
bringoutyourdead WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple solution.. robotics
IEnvision eight sets of robotic hands at eight computer keyboards 24/7.

Assuming for each trial account controlled by one set of hands:
average census runs of 10 minutes
average character change cycle of 1 minute
average realm login/logout cycles of 2 minutes
average upload and purge to warcraftrealms of data after five complete realms of 3 minutes

Time to run and dump five realms = 118 minutes (call it two hours)
One set of robotic hands at one computer would run a complete twenty five realms census and dump on one trial account in 590 minutes (9hr50minutes) . In one week the hands would run seventeen complete cycles of twenty five realms for over 425 census runs a week.

Multiply this by the eight robotic sets give you a total of 3400 runs a week on 200 realms.
That ought to gain on the count charts quickly Laughing
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe... I am not unbeatable, beating me doesn't even require robotics... Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy Just enough time and dedication. I have seen people submit 75k+ updates in a day... at such speed, one would add over 2,1 million updates in a month and exceed 16M in less than 8 months, from scratch.

And funny math, you just forgot to factor in reboots, (un)scheduled maintenances, various power outages, WCR errors, extremely variable census lengths, etc... Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

A true Censusplus bot would be very efficient... but it would also be extremely hard to code one. Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rofl love the concept of a census robot Very Happy Could sure use one for new patch times and especially new expansions - everyone changes loads then but I'm always too busy playing my main server to keep an eye on others Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: