WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Maybe a Noob Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Census Talks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gonzallez

WR Updates: 0
Gonzallez WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Maybe a Noob Question Reply with quote

Hello guys,

That file Censusplus.lua stores the data of all servers that I go and make the census? For example at 10:00Am I go to Warsong and click on "Take" then at 11:00Am I do this again on both alliance and horde sides. The data will be overwrited everytime I click on Take or It will accumulate information? The addon ignores players that are already on the census list?

Thank You!
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 23,541,651
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome! Smile

You can run multiple censuses and the data will accumulate over time. However, only the newest status of each character will be stored.

A small exsample to clarify:

You see a character at level 15 at 10 o'clock, at level 16 at 11 o'clock and at level 20 at 18 o'clock. If you submit data at say 10:30, 11:30 and 18:15, all three infos will be noted here, but if you only submit data once, at 18:15, the info on level 20 will get noted, but unless someone else already submitted the info on 15 and 16, that info will be gone for that character.

Also, because the data accumulates and the manual upload has a maximum size of 10 MB, there are buttons for pruning and purging the .lua.

Hope this helped! If you have additional questions, please ask. As someone else here noted: "There are no noob questions here, to not ask is noob..." Very Happy Merry Christmastime!
Gonzallez

Gonzallez WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Got It, thank you. 1974ER Can you take a look at this post please>> http://www.warcraftrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4834

I'm talking about the brazilian version of the game there, till now the new servers are not showing on the website and the server are up since December 06.

Thanks again!
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again,

I am aware of that thread, I just didn't reply to it as other people already covered most details. The only thing I can add now is that we'll have to wait until Rollie (the site's admin) has time to do updates. Until then, the database is going to be short several servers (he has been informed about new additions) and I can't do anything about that, sorry.
Gonzallez

Gonzallez WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Thx again. But can I submit data? Or better wait ?
kittenkail

WR Updates: 81,085
kittenkail WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you also let us know if there is a good strategy to picking servers to update? I work at home and have two monitors so I just run the census on random servers on one screen and work on the other. Any suggestions - 0 realm data servers or ones that I've been updating regularly or another idea?

Thanks.
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Gonzalles,

I suggest that you at least try and after a submission has processed, see if you can find a character you know has to be in the submission, in effect the character you ran the census with. If you can find that character, then you can continue... or you could just throw in an English speaking realm, guaranteeing that at least something you do is useful. Very Happy

Sorry that I can't be more helpful, but the current situation is abnormal. Earlier, realms have been added quickly, so none of us are really familiar with a situation where the interesting realm(s) is/are not listed here for a long time.

@Kittenkail,

to oversimplify, the best strategy is the method that suits you best. I have shared my strategies in some of my other posts over the years, but if you want more personal advice, send me a personal message here and we can exchange MSN and/or e-mail details to discuss the effects of various strategies.

@All:

Happy censusing!

Wishes,

the Epic Censi Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Census Talks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: