WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
WoW Census+ might be missing people on large servers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> CensusPlus UI Mod Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpates

WR Updates: 20,694
jpates WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: WoW Census+ might be missing people on large servers Reply with quote

I tried using Census+ on a high population server. It had gotten down to the point of it having to search for Level 85, by race, by class, by name. I think it is missing groups of people whose names start with H, J, K, L, M, N, Q, V, W, X, Z if it has to go this deep into the scan.

The chat echo showed the following... (This happened for multiple races and classes when it got down to this level of specificity).

n-y
n-u
n-t
n-s
n-r
n-p
n-o
n-i
n-g
n-f
n-e
n-d
n-c
n-b
n-a
Pennet

WR Updates: 1,215,324
Pennet WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those n-? searches you're seeing aren't missing anyone. The n- field is pure pattern matching, so a search for n-s will get anyone with an s anywhere in their name. For instance, I just ran a manual /who mage 85 on my server and got 34 results. Then I ran a /who mage 85 n-s, and it cut the list to 14. My mage was on the first list, but not the second, as I have no s in my name.

The only people that might be getting missed under the current system are people who have non-regular ascii characters combined ONLY with one or more of the "missing letters" that you listed. And frankly, from my point of view, screw those guys for having stupid names.
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 24,003,755
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic is discussed in more detail in slightly older thread:

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4819

You may want to at least skim through it. It's a rather interesting read (and no, I am not saying that just because I posted in that thread too.. Very Happy ).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> CensusPlus UI Mod Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: