WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Possible future changes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

WR Updates: 7,118,468
bringoutyourdead WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Possible future changes Reply with quote

an Interesting comment from Blizzards CM Rygarius at http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6679517893

Quote:

Cross-Realm /who Requests

This is something wed like to do, and were looking into it.

You have to know they are aware of how CensusPlus uses /who... it will be interesting to see what changes they make.
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 24,003,755
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just REALLY, REALLY hope they don't break the addon again. I don't know how many dozen of hours you and Balgair spent tinkering on, testing and retesting the current version.

Additionally... the development of such feature might either be really easy or almost impossibly hard. Because in theory, all it needs a switch to look into "realm x". Maybe this idea is a side product of the often seen request of cross-realm mail.
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 11,104,505
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess from the context I've seen this mention in, is that would be referring to within the same (crossrealm) zone, rather than /who'ing an entire realm. So if you're in Elwynn, /who elwynn will pick up everyone in it, crossrealm or otherwise (right now it only picks up your realm).

Nice addition, probably (relatively) easily incorporated into a census scan by adding "/who [current zone]" plus breakdown if >50 (and throw it out if current zone is one known to not be crossrealmed or expected to be busy enough to take ages, I'd say the entirety of Pandaria for that then)
FuxieDK

WR Updates: 2,612,154
FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they increase the 49 limit, now they are changing the /who routines..

If they increase to e.g. 100, it would cut Census times DRASTIC...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: