WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Does this mean...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Padanfain
Updater Extraordinaire

WR Updates: 15,903,550
Padanfain WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Does this mean... Reply with quote

...it's time to celebrate the site is back in business? Very Happy

Last processed file was uploaded on 2013-05-23 01:05:01.
Current server time is 2013-05-27 22:40:08

/fingers crossed
Fett

WR Updates: 846,084
Fett WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so!
Padanfain
Updater Extraordinaire

Padanfain WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot! Yes it does. The E's after the 22nd are turning to Y's. Shiny! Very Happy /cheer
Padanfain
Updater Extraordinaire

Padanfain WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uploaded a couple files and processing is quick and smooth so far.

I like the addition of " Unprocessed uploads 2 " to
http://www.warcraftrealms.com/dbstats.php
FuxieDK

WR Updates: 2,596,413
FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padanfain wrote:
Uploaded a couple files and processing is quick and smooth so far.

I like the addition of " Unprocessed uploads 2 " to
http://www.warcraftrealms.com/dbstats.php
I wonder how it looks, when 74er starts to rape the server with a multitude of uploads Laughing
Padanfain
Updater Extraordinaire

Padanfain WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemens bet that it will handle it with no problems. I've been hoping his upload problem would be fixed just to see how the new server setup handles the onslaught.
SannaSK

WR Updates: 418,020
SannaSK WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that 1974ER is not going to perform that specific verb upon the servers..... Sad
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 23,830,301
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies and gentlemen of fora... I am not quite sure, where I should begin... So I'll begin with the Epic Censi is an EPIC idiot part. After failing multiple times, I was suddenly struck by the proverbial lightning and discovered that my upload problems were caused by a rather embarrassing error. The .lua files were no longer real .luas, but associated with Notepad instead.

After that discovery I spent quite a while (several hours) finding out that the smart people at Microsoft aren't that smart, either and that disassociating my .lua files from Notepad required tinkering with Regedit - registry editor. Having accomplished that, I now have a completely empty test file and one actual file in the queue.

Additionally, from now on, I will be using WoW to edit my files. Very Happy Also, I just checked. My empty test file has correctly processed as 0 0 Y and queue is now working on my next actual file.

Then to other matters:

Fuxie, I would kindly ask you not to use the R-word so lightly. I happen to know three very fine women, who have gone through that hell and at very young ages, at that.

Padanfain, I will try to avoid a massive onslaught... however, the first signs are extremely promising. The first post-problem actual file just finished and while it didn't create much new data, IT WORKED!!! (I would give three cheers, but it's early morning here and I don't want to wake up about 50 people. Very Happy )

Sanna, thank you for the vote of confidence. *hug*

EDIT: Some typos removed and more bad news... I have hit more problems... and this one was not caused by me. I'll make one retry and if it fails, go get some much, much needed sleep... *overtired and confused, not sure whether one should cry, laugh or both...*
Padanfain
Updater Extraordinaire

Padanfain WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, don't hold back 1974ER! I'd bet both Rollie and metalbeast would say let er rip. Like I said I'd bet a dollar it will handle it.

BTW, file association in windows shouldn't interfere with uploading. I've had lua's associated with notepad for a long time with no problems.
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* After only a few hours of sleep, I am awake again... and uploading is NOT working.

IP: 88.113.146.9
United Kingdom

I am back to that. No error messages, just that and no upload. Last month was already ruined and this one isn't starting any better. *deep sigh* Since I am now utterly out of ideas, I guess I'll just keep trying at random intervals whether the next file in my personal backlog agrees to upload or not... Sad
metalbeast
Site Admin

WR Updates: 164,780
metalbeast WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1974ER - Are you using the Uni-uploader or submitting from the web pages submit button?
metalbeast
Site Admin

metalbeast WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Additionally I have checked the server logs and it seems that we are receiving your files. If you are still receiving errors then please let me know so that I can research the matter further.

warcraftrealms.com:88.113.146.9 - - [01/Jun/2013:00:24:36 -0500] "POST /receivefile.php HTTP/1.1" 200 31350 "http://www.warcraftrealms.com/upload.php" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:21
.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0"
warcraftrealms.com:88.113.146.9 - - [01/Jun/2013:00:24:36 -0500] "POST /receivefile.php HTTP/1.1" 200 31350 "http://www.warcraftrealms.com/upload.php" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:21
.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0"
metalbeast
Site Admin

metalbeast WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if maybe it could be a version issue with the older files that you were saving. Around May 23rd we released the 6.01 addon and at that time we stopped accepting files with any version lower than that. Just a thought.
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using the manual upload method from the web page as I have always done and wish to do in the future, too. I just made yet another attempt at 08:45 my local, which should be 00:45 for timestamping purpose. This attempt, as well as several previous ones resulted yet again in what was visible in my previous post.

EDIT: Through juggling files, the file I am uploading has been saved today and additionally, I have to note, I tried using an "ancient" file from January last night, which correctly gave me a version mismatch error.
metalbeast
Site Admin

metalbeast WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The manual upload method is just fine and we plan to always support that method. In further review I see that we did receive three files from you dated May 31st. 2 were successfully processed and the third was not.

Can you please email metalbeast@vigilantwatch.net a copy of one of the failing uploads? I would like to have it to help with troubleshooting whether it is an issue with the file or something else.

Your amazing contributions are mucho appreciated.
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before we start tossing around big files... would you mind posting what the server end registered for me on 31st? I am asking this, because the data in your message from yesterday... does not match what I saw and see here.

On 31st, I made attempts to upload five files.

After "file 3" continuously failed to upload, I tested on "file 1", which was old and got the proper version mismatch error. I then proceeded to create an entirely new empty "file 2", which uploaded and processed successfully as:

May 31, 13 17:50:36 0 0 Y

I then reuploaded "file 3" again, this time it went through like this:

May 31, 13 18:03:17 84 261 Y

I then uploaded "file 4", which went through like this:

May 31, 13 18:44:51 144 564 Y

I then proceeded to "file 5", the next one in my stockpile and got nowhere.

I made multiple additional attempts to get "file 5" uploaded yesterday, ALL of them failed. I just tried uploading "file 5" yet again, twice (once before starting to type this, once just a few moments ago) and both attempts failed. Again, all that came back was:

IP: 88.113.146.9
United Kingdom

I think the easiest way to get forward right now is to check what the server end says about me today. I will not make additional attempts before I hear something and concentrate on stockpiling while I play around Darkmoon Faire on multiple characters. Have a nice day, all! Smile
metalbeast
Site Admin

metalbeast WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately server logs are erased and archived each day. I was referencing the public information on your profile that had showed 3 uploads with 2 successes.
http://www.warcraftrealms.com/usersheet.php?id=1017506&c=u

With an update file in hand I can manually process (and reprocess it as needed) and watch the entire sequence of events that happens during an upload. It is a fairly complex process that does not log specific errors and often times an error of any kind will halt the processing for an upload.

Rollie did an amazing job of putting together code to process the uploads from the CensusMod addon and I apologize for not getting up to speed faster. But keep in mind this is all original code and their is no operators manual and no documentation (other than some nice source code remarks - thanks Rollie).

We will get this figured out 1974ER and your continued persistence and patience is much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: