WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Who Needs Blizzard to make mini-games in WoW?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

WR Updates: 7,092,047
bringoutyourdead WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Who Needs Blizzard to make mini-games in WoW? Reply with quote

Trivia: can you guess the Zone, Sub-zone and name of Pet(s)?

My Level 20 Dwarf hunter on Cenarius which is a medium to High pop realm is looking to tame all the Rare beasts he can while doing census runs.

Today he got a beast that gained 15 levels on taming. Sadly to say to obtain this very special beast my hunter died 3 times!

A level 20 hunter can only have 2 available pets at a time... so while in the same zone I slipped into someone's barn and took their sleeping dog as my other rare pet
Padanfain
Updater Extraordinaire

WR Updates: 15,165,342
Padanfain WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't hazard a guess, even after googling and thottboting lol.
SannaSK

WR Updates: 418,020
SannaSK WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A level 20 hunter that tamed a beast that got 15 lvls means the beast was lvl 5...

http://www.wow-petopia.com/browse/rare.html
Fangor 5 Rare Tirisfal Glades
Lamepaw the Whimperer 5 Rare Crystal Lake, Elwynn Forest
Timber 5 Rare Dun Morogh

I don't think there are barns in DM, and while I'm no expert on TG, I think there's probably a dog in a bar in Elwynn.

But that's all I can eek out of my brain at this hour X D
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 11,099,399
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I immediately thought that dying 3 times meant going to a Horde zone (guards!), so working on the assumption that it's Fangor, I browsed the rest of the rare pets sections, particularly the dogs bit... Plague, lvl 8 rare demon dog, is found inside a barn at Garren's Haunt Smile

Have to say my first thought was battle pets rather than hunter pets though, confused me as those pets can't gain levels on being caught, only lose them! Wink
bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

WR Updates: 7,092,047
bringoutyourdead WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Balgair wins this round.

FYI... Starter accounts are mostly locked out of Battle Pets... you get the bread crumb start quest... but can't finish it or do anything else with Battle Pets.

I was aware of Fangor because that bat is the toughest single kill level up at starting level. I spent time looking to see if Blizzard had slipped in a guard bypass, but didn't find any so it was time for frontal charge.

First kill.. both guards shot me off of my mount. Talk about overkill Laughing

I should have realized my next action wasn't going to work... I ghost walked into Deathknell thinking I would accept resurrection in the Horde graveyard... silly me, I was back at the neutral?/alliance graveyard for SM.. Embarassed

One of the (I think) changes, that I was unaware of, was the ability to travel mounted from Hillsbrad into Tirisfal Glades around the east side of Undercity. I don't remember that path being there.. I always had to swim the lake when a low level Alliance to bypass Horde guards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: