WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
1974ER turns 5. :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 24,554,999
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: 1974ER turns 5. :) Reply with quote

Yes, it has indeed been that long, ladies and gentlemen!

I just made the following note on myself:

Note to self: 5 years...

Total new ones 3,792,256
Total updates 21,116,254

Also, big congratulations to Balgair for breaking the 10 million updates! Welcome to the somewhat exclusive "8 digits" club. Very Happy Though I assume Padanfain will be joining within the next couple of months, if he does not slow down at all. Very Happy
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 11,303,663
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 years for those stats, incredible Smile I've got 3 years headstart on you and I'm so so far behind it's unbelieveable... yet my own stats are actually pretty good compared with, well, everyone except you and Padanfain Razz
Padanfain
Updater Extraordinaire

WR Updates: 19,791,459
Padanfain WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Anniversary! If WoW lasts 5 more years are you going to hit 7.5 million new and 42 million updated? 42 is the answer so would be a good number to hit.
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank yous. Very Happy

@Padanfain: *chuckle* I don't think so. I got much higher result levels during the earlier years and various setbacks have cut into my results even more. About a year ago I was thinking I might reach 4M and 23-24M before the end of this year. By now I know those figures will not be met. I just passed 3,8M last night, 21M a bit over two weeks ago. I might or might not break 3,9M by the end of year, 22M will not happen this year.

If you do not burn out, you will reach those figures you asked about years before me. :/ At your maximum speed, you would dethrone me on the new ones list in about 3 months and bypass Balgair on updates before Christmas and me before Christmas 2014.

To be honest, I did not think anyone would ever break 1,5 million updates in a month without burning out. With that sort of result levels record set by Balgair got beaten to a bloody pulp and mine was already somewhat below hers. Pretty much the same goes for new ones. You have done over 400k in a month, my record is only somewhat over 100k.

About the only record of mine that you will not easily break is mine for consecutive 40k+ new ones and 200k+ updates months... because that one spans about four years in a row. Very Happy If things had not broken in late 2012, they would have gone on even longer as evidenced by the result spike of the month following the troubles. As non-consecutive result levels, the values are even higher.

Also, if nothing really dramatic happens, you will need a LONG time to beat Balgair at the "at least something done each month" race. If my take on her graph is correct, she went from 2005 to late 2012 without breaks and like me was only interrupted, because of the problems with the site/addon. If all three of us are still about in three more years, it will be very interesting to see how far you have gotten. *another chuckle*
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got me curious on that one, I had to go and check out the dips in my graph! I very nearly had an empty month in December 2010, nothing between the 2nd and the 30th (seems to coincide with Cata release so I guess we had some downtime!), other than that, yes, the only month I've failed to do any uploads in at all was October 2012, MoP release downtime.

The updates per month is just incredible there, I've never come close to my two big spikes in a long time, nowadays I just don't seem able to get the numbers out, even when I am trying hard, although probably that's affected by me now trying to cover loads of unprofitable 0's, where previously I just stuck with the same bunch of servers and ignored the rest Razz But even when I was getting the big numbers I couldn't have imagined 1.5 million being possible; 1 million I always felt could be broken with some serious dedication, but not by much!

It'll be mighty interesting to see how our stats look in a few years; I'll be very much dropped in 3rd place I think, but you two will be having some good battles Wink
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We might not have to wait years, if Padanfain pushes hard. As I calculated, he could take the lead in new ones in about 3 months and in updates before Christmas 2014. Just out of curiosity I checked something else... seems my first submission entries from November 2008 are now on page 412! Very Happy At 20 per full page, that translates into over 8230 entries as the last page is not quite full... *phew* Of course, some of those failed for various reasons, but it is a lot even so. Very Happy
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol that's crazy, I've always tended to do my submissions in bigger blocks, so only have 118 pages, or 2357 entries Razz
Padanfain
Updater Extraordinaire

Padanfain WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to slow down some, downshifting the steamroller at least through the holidays.

122 pages, 2432 entries here. Ever since the site problems late last year I've kept all files I've uploaded. Almost all the census runs were started after a purge so I figure about 6.5 million updates worth came from 2.43 gigabytes in uploaded files.
bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

WR Updates: 7,155,849
bringoutyourdead WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolled over 5 Million updates tonight.. with barely 74 pages.

I had planned to hit this milestone back on 1-Oct but a little Blizzard distraction came along. Shocked
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Very Happy Fantastic to see another in the 5 million plus club, all the more impressive with the amount of time you have to spend on fixing the addon every time Blizz breaks something Wink
Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are a beast =) Nice work!

EDIT: Wow, just realized that my login is almost 9 years old now....

Miss everyone!

/em fades back into the shadows...
Padanfain
Updater Extraordinaire

Padanfain WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot! /agrees with Balgair. Congrats!
FuxieDK

WR Updates: 2,686,912
FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rollie wrote:
You are a beast =) Nice work!

EDIT: Wow, just realized that my login is almost 9 years old now....

Miss everyone!

/em fades back into the shadows...
It's alive... IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Bringoutyourdead!

/agrees with Balgair.

Nice to see you still lurking about Rollie! Very Happy *chuckle*

*laugh* Funny Fuxie! Very Happy
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rollie, great to see you around again! Very Happy *wave*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: