WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Realm data feeds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> WarcraftRealms Developers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it doesn't work. All csv are 0 length files.
It would be really useful to be able to download the files.
Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh... I missed a configuration change.

It should be working now. Sorry for the delay!
Keronos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's working now, thanks.

I have another request though since the server files didn't contain what I thought they would.

Apparently you have some sort of link in place between server & guild and player & guild. Would it be possible to make that available somehow ? Right now I'd have to write a script to rip the guildnames of the server census page and then rip the guild census page for the names of players, I'd like to avoid that Smile
Keronos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the link between player and guild is in the guild.csv data, so I'd just need the link between server, guildname & guildid
Rollie
Site Admin

Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly are you trying to present?
Keronos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to build a complete image of what is happening on my server. Not just X class of Y level, but analyse guildformations, track leveling progress by guild and character etc.

The only way I can do this at the moment is if I compile a list of guilds from the census page and then loop through all the guilds files and the guildless file.

I was expecting the server file to be something like this format:
CharName,Race,Class,Level,LastSeen,GuildRank,Guild

So like an extended guild file for all of the server, instead its just the number of class X of level Y.

So basically what I'd like is either a serverfile in the above format or a list of this per server:
CharName,Guild,GuildID (internal WCR)
Ryo Saeba

WR Updates: 0
Ryo Saeba WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I was expecting too.
A list of players for the selected server would be really useful.

But I can understand that publishing such a service could probably lead to some traffic overload if not properly managed
Keronos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well right now I inserted the guildlist of my server manually into my database (guildid, guildname) and for each one I request the guildfile, I think that's more load on the server then one gzipped serverfile.
Rollie
Site Admin

Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still unsure of what kind of data you are trying to present that is not already presented here. I really don't want to zip up every character available for each server. I currently have over 3 million characters in the database and this is quite a bit more information than I want to make available for download. The guild exports are for the use of those guilds, not necessarily as a work around to gathering data on each character in a realm.

If there is some server statistics you would like to see, help me understand better what exactly you are trying to present and I'll see if I can get something in place here to present that data, and possibly make those results available via a download.
Keronos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for one I am tracking history of char levels, and generating graphs out of those that visualise how the guilds on the server are doing. I know you collect charhistory also, but there's no fancy graphs and stuff. This would proly be impossible due to serverload. I am only looking to provide info for my server so I can handle the load. I am also offering a means to compare two guilds.
Rollie
Site Admin

Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So like a graph of a guild's average level over time?
John

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder which timezone http://www.warcraftrealms.com/exports/status.txt relates to. I like to use that file to check if the guild status page should display the info from the local backup or if it should pull fresh data from warcraftrealms.com. But if timezones from both servers differ this can cause problems or unneccessary delays.
John

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I guess I misunderstood something. Unix timestamps always refer to GMT, so there's no timezone comparison necessary.
Rollie
Site Admin

Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, it should already be in GMT/UTC.
Rich

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Update times.... Reply with quote

John - If you store that timestamp and then compare it to the status.txt file you can just do an update anytime you find they do not match.

Rollie - Are the guild exports supposed to be updated just once a day? I saw mention of hourly extracts on your extract data page, but that seems to be just for the realm extract. (I've been pulling my guild the last few days and it seems to only update around 4am.)

By the way - this is an AWESOME service. I've been able to implement an automatic guild roster on a guild website and this has been the best source of data.

Thank You,
Rich
Rich

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Guild Exports Reply with quote

Rollie - I just saw your post about the export times being changed to just once a day.... you can skip my question in the previous post.

Thank You,
Rich
kez

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone got an asp example for extracting the data?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really wanna put one of these on the site for my guild if anybody can help me out my yahoo instant messenger name is mace71730 and my aim name is masonbsmith somebody plz save me from the misery of decoding all of this by myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kez

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

I have cosmos ui installed and I did ipurge the database getting a message that it was done. However the data I see is still the old one. anyone has any idea why?
Starvedwolf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: guild info Reply with quote

Hey i am building a site for my guild. i would like to post the guild info thig yall have here. i tried just using the url that came up when i searched my guild but that just shows the text and nothing else. i have also read in these forums and it hasnt helped me yet. if someone could tell me exactly how to put it on my site i would really appreciate it. i will be checking the forum to see your replies.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> WarcraftRealms Developers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: