WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Oceanic realms and there so called realm status

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Census Talks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sasteber
Census Taker

WR Updates: 1,215,685
sasteber WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Oceanic realms and there so called realm status Reply with quote

I ran a few census on Barthilas us to see if the the free fraction change would have any effect. Seems it didn't. But what surprised me the most was the fact that they have the nerv to call the realm a high population realm at peak hour with less then 1200 online players. Wondering if they are trying some sort of psychology. To make us believe we are on a high population realm.

Remember running a few census early spring last year and though I had figured out that high happened somewhere between 2200 and 2400. So was surprised to see these figures.

Do also know that aerie peak us my now days home was at around 1800 alliance and 300 horde at peak hour when I joined the realm in January. That was considered a medium at that time.

Any input I have not yet checked if they have changed all there population settings for all realm areas. Has anyone figured out if my assumption of online players as the key to defining if a realm is high is just flawed.

Barthilas us is a oceanic realm as info.
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 30,816,085
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello here as well. Wink

One thing about the values is that they are not absolute, but partially relative. For example, EU currently has zero "Full" realms, even during peak times. On top of that, some realms fluctuate from time to time... quite a few, for example EU-Defias Brotherhood are "Medium" in the morning, but "High" during the peak hours.
sasteber
Census Taker

WR Updates: 1,215,685
sasteber WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did try and run all through Friday but got called out to work at the peak hour so I had to continue the census on Saturday so managed to get Barthilas major peak covered census wise on both fractions. Looking at it and actually looking at the Barthilas forum page it did look like that it would be failing to get horde to migrate to alliance. Even if they offer free transfer both for character and guild.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Census Talks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: