WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Censusplus and Mercenary Mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 12,841,498
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject: Censusplus and Mercenary Mode Reply with quote

So I just realised we might have some data validity issues with the new Mercenary Mode. Basically, it lets people queue for PVP (battlegrounds and Ashran, possibly other pvp zones?) as the opposite faction. And they appear truly as a member of the opposite faction, being converted to another race, mouseover tooltips included. So, if I go in Ashran, mouseover a nelf druid who's playing as a Horde mercenary, I'm guessing Censusplus will say, hey, that's a tauren druid, record it as such and bam, said druid is now showing as the wrong faction in the database.

Obvious solution: block mouseover (and harvesting group member infos, if Census does that at all) from working in PvP zones (and in Warspear/Stormshield for a minute or so after leaving Ashran, until you've been booted from the group).

Hopefully not too much broken data has been introduced; I guess looking for duplicates of name/server/class seen within a few days of each other would find them, if it's likely to be a big problem, but since it'll only occur in PvP, that lessens the chances of huge numbers being seen.
bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

WR Updates: 9,204,147
bringoutyourdead WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Balgair
and sigh thanks Blizzard Crying or Very sad

I will get an update out in a few days...
I have been playing with Windows 10 as of release date.
I can say with confidence, upgrading to windows 10 can be problematic.
Ok to be honest, if I weren't an IT type I would have to say Windows 10 was broken on my machine.
While I could work around the problems it wasn't happy time.

Because of the above.. The last two days have been spent in doing full backups to a plug in 2TB hard drive, followed by a repair (full opsys and apps wipe and rebuild.. user data untouched [hey that worked!])

I have done new machine installs of Windows 10 for other people and have seen that it looks good when fully working.

Late last night I jolted this monster with all the power I had and "It's Alive!!!"
Now I am in the process of getting all my programs reinstalled and working as previously configured.

Unfortunately the time lost on fixing my machine has impacted my efforts to drag the EU region out of ZERO ZERO census runs.
No one seems to be doing census runs across a number of realms in the EU region these days .
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, that sounds a nightmare. I'm happy to stay back with Windows 7: it just works Wink

Guilty on the censusing, I haven't done other servers in ages, oops Embarassed Too much playing my regular characters/playing other games recently!
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...So yeah, removal of mouseover detection was indeed the best choice: I just saw a Gnome Hunter Laughing Apparently costume toys make your tooltip reflect the costume, if it's a player race, I tried it myself and became a Tauren Rogue. Even more scope to produce completely wrong data Razz
bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

WR Updates: 9,204,147
bringoutyourdead WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could have done a bit more complex programing as I had seen a Tauren Rogue (Alliance) tag in starting area.. where the buff has shown it came from a toy.

But just too many ways for Blizzard to play around... so that is why I just removed non-/who feature.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: