Delayed updates

General Discussion Area
FuxieDK
Census Taker

Delayed updates

Post by FuxieDK »

I've seen this for quite a while now, so here goes:

I've powerlevelled quite a few toons with Invasions, the last few days, the latest Zesmi, my priest.
Yesterday, I uploaded my census and expected to see Zesmi as level 100 (after file was processed)... However it's still only 89.

I checked the priest in-game and it was listed as 100 in the Census UI..
And even if I had quit too early, it should have been level 99, because I did 89-100 in one sitting!!!

Now, the strange thing happens: When I upload the next file, which doesn't even have to see the toon in question, then it's updated to whatever level is correct.

I hope this makes sense, and there is a logical explanation..

It have been going on for ATLEAST since early WoD, possibly earlier..
Doing census mainly on Draenor; Raluf - Nimsay - Lusmo - Quixx - Sosyan - Garthog - Trubin - Zalistra - Zesmi and Djaang

bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

Re: Delayed updates

Post by bringoutyourdead »

FuxieDK wrote: I checked the priest in-game and it was listed as 100 in the Census UI..
And even if I had quit too early, it should have been level 99, because I did 89-100 in one sitting!!!
And there in lies part of the problem...
You need to remember that CensusPlus only remembers the latest information for a character.

You started a session at level 89 and played until you were level 100..
then you exited and uploaded your data.
Your previous file said on 2016-08-28 Zesmi was level 89
Your last file said on 2016-08-28 Zesmi was level 100

The web site can not possibly know anything about levels 90-99 as it never saw the data.

I am not sure why the site does not show the level 100 data .. but it might be due to the same day time period.
I will investigate further.

I would suggest purging your CensusPlus data, run a new Census with Zesmi and then upload that file.. you should then see Zesmi at level 100.

bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

Post by bringoutyourdead »

For FuxieDK and for general information for all.

Here are the stats for your last upload
122979 characters found eligible for processing
24519 of these were found to be data to old.
[currently the cut off is last 21 days, at one point for Burning Crusade Rollie had it at 14 days.. if need it can be adjusted with out warning... so be sure to upload your data while it is still current]

20 new guilds were found.
of the 109140 characters that remain eligible for processing:
4887 meet the criteria for update status.
[And here is where Zesmi didn't get through the filters]

I remember there was a discussion about this on the forums some time ago. I do not remember when or which sub-forum.

Early on Rollie did not have a filter for same day recording of character history updates.
But at some time that filter went into place.

This means that power leveling on a single day and attempting to get that info recorded on the site no longer works.

Besides the decision by Metalbeast to control the size of the history table by clearing out levels not x5 & x0 level would have that data going away anyway.

Continuing the upload process reporting:
0 new races were found.. oh what a surprise :roll:

2492 new characters were recorded.
and a total of 7379 new character history records were added.

FuxieDK
Census Taker

Re: Delayed updates

Post by FuxieDK »

bringoutyourdead wrote:
FuxieDK wrote: I checked the priest in-game and it was listed as 100 in the Census UI..
And there in lies part of the problem...
You need to remember that CensusPlus only remembers the latest information for a character.

You started a session at level 89 and played until you were level 100..
then you exited and uploaded your data.
Your previous file said on 2016-08-28 Zesmi was level 89
Your last file said on 2016-08-28 Zesmi was level 100

The web site can not possibly know anything about levels 90-99 as it never saw the data.

I am not sure why the site does not show the level 100 data .. but it might be due to the same day time period.
I will investigate further.

I would suggest purging your CensusPlus data, run a new Census with Zesmi and then upload that file.. you should then see Zesmi at level 100.
I know that the site never saw 90-99.. My point in mentioning it, was that if I had logged out too early for CP to census me at 100, the file would atleast have 99, and that should have shown on the site..
Doing census mainly on Draenor; Raluf - Nimsay - Lusmo - Quixx - Sosyan - Garthog - Trubin - Zalistra - Zesmi and Djaang

FuxieDK
Census Taker

Post by FuxieDK »

bringoutyourdead wrote:I remember there was a discussion about this on the forums some time ago. I do not remember when or which sub-forum.

Early on Rollie did not have a filter for same day recording of character history updates.
But at some time that filter went into place.

This means that power leveling on a single day and attempting to get that info recorded on the site no longer works.
I remember this discussion too, and like you I cannot find it anywhere.... And this is where I differ in oppinion; I think the recording of each individual level, is the most important task of this site..

However, I know that battle is lost, and that's why I did 89-100 in one sitting, NOT uploading after each ding..

But Zesmi was 89 on 27/8-16, and levelling up to 100 was done 28/8-16, so even "same day" argument, seems to be a bit flawed..

Anyway, I uploaded a new file, an hour ago (with toons up to 108 was spotted) and if thing work as they normally do, it will most likely bump Zesmi up to 100..

Narlash
Census Taker

Post by Narlash »

bringoutyourdead wrote: Here are the stats for your last upload
122979 characters found eligible for processing
24519 of these were found to be data to old.
[currently the cut off is last 21 days, at one point for Burning Crusade Rollie had it at 14 days.. if need it can be adjusted with out warning... so be sure to upload your data while it is still current]

20 new guilds were found.
of the 109140 characters that remain eligible for processing:
4887 meet the criteria for update status.

2492 new characters were recorded.
and a total of 7379 new character history records were added.
I don't want to put more on your list BOYD, or mBeast for that matter ... but (haha) ... it'd be kinda cool to get an optional, opt-in verbose message like this in your recent uploads list... like a little submission note for each .lua upload...
For the curious ones like me who want to know the latest on what's going on in their server! ^-^

I really don't need something like this though, it'd be neat and something I would stare at for a good minute and think. 'Hey, I helped!' But it's completely unnecessary to add more load to the server or the person writing the code!