wow census uploading both factions

Suggestions for WarcraftRealms.com
jetah

wow census uploading both factions

Post by jetah »

OK, i have 2 accounts.
one account will do horde, the other account will do alliance. when i upload the first file it works fine. the second file seems to overwrite the first file because I've uploaded one with-in the past hour. any method i can upload both files for both factions at one time?

jetah

Hybuir
Gear Dependent Squirrel
Gear Dependent Squirrel

Post by Hybuir »

it's actually within about 20 min. other than that you should be seeing updates on both files :)

AlexandraD

Both factions with one census file?

Post by AlexandraD »

Hi,

it seems if i do a census on both factions and then upload... it only updates the last faction?

Does the census file not allow for both factions to be listed separatly?

1974ER
Epic Censi

Post by 1974ER »

Hello Alexandra!

It's actually possible to have a lot of factions in the single .lua. I regularly have multiple servers in my submissions. Could it be that you have intentionally or accidentally purged/pruned/deleted data?

AlexandraD

Post by AlexandraD »

1974ER wrote:Hello Alexandra!

It's actually possible to have a lot of factions in the single .lua. I regularly have multiple servers in my submissions. Could it be that you have intentionally or accidentally purged/pruned/deleted data?
No, i just login on horde AH char, do a "Take" census, logout (but do not quit wow), switch to Alliance, do a "Take" census then exit the game and upload. The alliance gets counted the horde does not.

1974ER
Epic Censi

Post by 1974ER »

Strange... that's not supposed to happen. :( Can you try to reverse the faction order and see if the results change to opposite as well?

bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

Post by bringoutyourdead »

Sounds to me like the file holding the census data has been corrupted.. I would recommend just deleting the file and have the mod recreate it.. you will have to update any settings info again.

Sometime before I stopped playing.. I use to hand edit out realm/factions that I was no longer interested in doing census runs. I ran into odd issues like you are seeing in spite of my careful editing.. finally I just decided it wasn't worth the effort to locally save my main realm census.. and just deleted the file every time I wanted to start clean census runs.

IVYHOBBY

Post by IVYHOBBY »

do a "Take" census, logout (but do not quit wow), switch to Alliance, do a "Take" census then exit the game and upload. The alliance gets counted the horde does not.