Need Info Bad!!

General Discussion Area
kotke

Need Info Bad!!

Post by kotke »

I wanna play a brand new server, anybody has any idea when they will release them?

does anybody know any info about the new patch that will come out, and on what date?? i think its 2.2

xpolockx
Superior Census Taker

Post by xpolockx »

With the slowing down of concurrent players, it might be awhile before they release new servers. Not that they need more new ones anyway to be honest, there's plenty of low population servers out there. I know the chronic rerollers who start over every time a new server comes out may be disappointed, but it's for the best. New servers are overrated anyway :P

The next patch is 2.1, and they're still doing testing on it. Should be in the next couple weeks, but they haven't announced an official release date for it. Just gotta wait.
US-Whisperwind:
Kayni, Resto Shaman
Scenario, MW Monk

WyriHaximus
Census Taker

Post by WyriHaximus »

xpolockx wrote:With the slowing down of concurrent players, it might be awhile before they release new servers. Not that they need more new ones anyway to be honest, there's plenty of low population servers out there. I know the chronic rerollers who start over every time a new server comes out may be disappointed, but it's for the best. New servers are overrated anyway :P

The next patch is 2.1, and they're still doing testing on it. Should be in the next couple weeks, but they haven't announced an official release date for it. Just gotta wait.
Can be me bu my client allready started downloaden a patch and yesterday they should down the PTR's ...

FerdiUSA

Post by FerdiUSA »

prts are still online, just checked.

and the patch you were loading is part of the pre-loading (like with 2.0, where one started preloading three parts and then the last part was 2.0.3 two weeks later ;-))

WyriHaximus
Census Taker

Post by WyriHaximus »

FerdiUSA wrote:prts are still online, just checked.

and the patch you were loading is part of the pre-loading (like with 2.0, where one started preloading three parts and then the last part was 2.0.3 two weeks later ;-))
Hmmm then they problebly had them shutdown when I tryed the PTR's xD. Or the PTR login server was just down due to massive request :P.

Cornin

Post by Cornin »

I don't think they will be releasing any new servers for a while. I read in a post that the reason they won't is cause most servers aren't over populated now and all the hardware upgrades they performed allows for better performance and more concurrent players.

Rileigh

Post by Rileigh »

So what are the newest servers? From the server data on this site it seems that the latest ones would have been 01/07 but I'm positive I've read elsewhere that there are newer servers.

DM.
Census Taker

Post by DM. »

There are no newer servers. The latest ones were released in January before Burning Crusade came out.
Click my sig