Naming convention..

Suggestions for WarcraftRealms.com
FuxieDK
Census Taker

Naming convention..

Post by FuxieDK »

Currently, all US servers are listed as just <Name>, while all EU servers are listed as EU-<Name>.

While americans probably don't see anything wrong with this, it's pretty annoying for europeans, as we can't use shortcuts to find our server (as they all start with the letter 'E').

Coul it please be changed to all servers are listed as <Name>-EU and <Name>-US, like virtually all other services do?

Rollie
Site Admin

Post by Rollie »

That's a good idea. I have never been happy with the EU prepend, but it was just the road I went down so long ago.
phpbb:phpinfo()

Kosh
Census Taker

Post by Kosh »

It would definitely be more work, but I would actually prefer it if there was a separate "Region" selection (something like "Americas" / "Europe") above the "Server", so the resulting server list only showed the ones in the selected region.

I'm guessing the database isn't organized this way, and the generated census page would be a lot more complicated (fetching the correct server list or manipulating the cached list), so I don't expect this to ever happen. It would still be nice, though. :)

Rollie
Site Admin

Post by Rollie »

yeah, that's exactly why it isn't already like that. There are deeper repercussions as well, but nothing that couldn't be remedied.
phpbb:phpinfo()